Sunday, August 14, 2011

A New August

Normally at this time of year I am having back-to-school nightmares.  August days in the past were spent scanning the Target dollar section for teacher must-haves, decorating my classroom, lesson planning, and going on my favorite teacher websites. 
I am so blessed to say that this August my life is so different than it has ever been.  I have a new job....taking care of my sweet Anya Violet!  I'm trading in my calendar pieces, monkey name plates, and plastic coins for play dates, stroller rides, and tons of cuddles with my baby girl. 
I thank God that He has provided my hubby with a job and DJ company that allows me to be able to fulfill my life calling as a stay-at-home mommy!  These times with Anya are so precious and I thank the Lord that I get to spend this time with Anya on my hip. 
Staying at home means eating out less, generic brands, hand-me-downs, and homemade gifts but to me it is all worth it.  It helps that I am very frugal naturally and I enjoy the challenge of living on a tight budget.  My hubby goes back to work next Monday....I know, summer totally flew by!!!  That means that my new job also starts next week, and I must say that there are no "first day" nightmares involved this time around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment