Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Oliver is 1 month!

Dear Oliver,




Happy 4 weeks little boy!  This past month has been so exciting for us.  You are the perfect addition to our family.  It actually seems a little strange that it's only been 4 weeks because it's hard to remember life without you in it!  We all adore you, especially your big sister Anya!  She cares so much about you and it breaks her heart when you cry.  She tells me I need to hold "Ollie" when you are upset.  Anya also always wants to know exactly where you are "Mommy where's baby Ollie?"

You are starting to grow a lot!  You were born at 6lbs 13oz, 20 inches long, and now weigh 9lbs 15oz, 21 inches long.  You look a lot like Anya, but your personalities are much different.  When you cry it's for a specific reason: need to burp, tired, want to be held, or are hungry.  There have been many nights when you sleep 4-5.5 hr stretches!!  But other nights (like last night) you get an upset tummy from swallowing too much air and you get the hiccups...nights like that you just want to be held.  You love when I hold you under your arms and let you sit on my legs facing me...  Wish I could describe the position better!  One night you were crying and when I held you like that you fell asleep immediately, it was very funny.

Today we went to the doctor and you did great!  You didn't even cry when she checked your temp or heartbeat, or when she checked your hip joints.  I say this because your sister HATED the doctors office.  You two are so different.

Likes:
-When Mommy sings "You are My Sunshine"
-Eating
-Sitting up on my lap
-Being held
-Diaper changes
-warm baths

Dislikes:
-Hiccups
-Getting in the car seat
-Getting out of your warm bath!
-Laying flat




Comparison Pictures:
Little O
 Mommy at Hospital for Oliver
Mommy at hospital with Miss AV
Miss AV

Oliver, I love you so much!!!
Happy first month of life!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment