Friday, February 7, 2014

Oliver is 6 Months!

Dear Oliver,

Oh my goodness!  How can you possibly be SIX months?  A half a year old already!?  Life is so perfect with you in it.  You are the best baby ever (Mommy might be biased but to me you are).  When you cry it's because you are tired or hungry or just need Mommy.  You are extremely easy to read and very predictable.  I thank God for an easy baby like you! You are very easy to make smile and giggle. You love Anya and will just stare at her as she plays, talks, or sings.  She has started playing more with you and always wants to help take care of you.

You sleep on your belly, and always have since I put you in your crib.  Your sleep patterns have become much more predictable.  You take 3 naps a day...and most days I try my best to match your second nap with Anya's nap.  The past two nights you've slept through the night!!!


You transfer so well from my arms to your crib.  Even when you are still awake when I put you in your crib most of the time you just put yourself to sleep.  I love how easy you are (someone, I won't mention names, was not this easy to put down to sleep).



 

This month you have mastered rolling over both ways like a champ.  You can sit independently for a little bit before you tip over or fall backwards.  I can tell you really want to be able to sit up and play, so I put you in your high chair a lot so you can play easier.

You've started solid foods.  So far you love everything I've given you...I keep waiting for those hilarious baby faces when trying a new flavor but each time you just gobble up acting as though you've had it a million times before.  I've given you: pears & mangoes, rice & green beans, peas, rice cereal, oatmeal cereal, applesauce, banana, sweet potato, and squash.

You try so hard to talk "MMMMMM" and little laughing noises.  I can tell you want to talk like your big sister.  I love hearing your voice.  It's fun to listen to Anya as she talks to you.  She calls you "Baby Ollie"...like it's one word.

You weigh 17lbs 10oz at 6.5 months, 27 inches long (exact same as cousin Mary at a year!)
You wear 9 -12 month clothes and size 3 diapers.
I love you Buddy!  

xoxo
Mommy


1 comment: