Thursday, October 16, 2014

Apple Crisp


Me- "Anya say 'cheese'"!
Anya- "Mommy can I take a bite?"
Love her!!


We make a TON of apple crisp during September and October.  And Anya and I have the best recipe for you, although I rarely follow recipes.  We ALWAYS double the apples and probably triple the crisp.  But if you like following recipes...here's one that's delish!

4 diced apples
2/3-3/4 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup softened butter
dash of salt
1/4 cup of water or less

Place the diced apples in an 8x8 dish.  Pour in 1/4 cup of water over the apples.  Mix together brown sugar and butter.  Add in flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.  Stir mixture until crumbly.  If it's to dough-y I just add more flour and oats.  Sometimes I add vanilla too.
Bake 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.

I love it a la mode!

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment