Thursday, July 21, 2011

Stop growing so fast baby girl!

Time needs to slow down!  I can't believe my little girl will be 12 weeks in a few days....that's 3 months but the months don't line up with the weeks so she actually won't be 3 months until August 3...whew!

Every night I rock before she gets put down and the same thought crosses my mind... I can't believe how fast this day flew by!  And it's so true.  She's literally growing before my eyes.  Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment for her 2 month (a little late, I know).  She got her shots and weighed.  Anya now weighs just over 12 pounds, and is 24 inches tall...that's two feet for those of you who don't do math!  TWO FEET!  She's going to be a model I tell ya!  She's in the 98% for height...definitely has her mama's Harrington genes in her.

Yesterday night I decided to slip out while she was napping and pick up Josh's birthday gift.  I get a phone call from Josh saying she is frantically crying, so hard she couldn't even breathe.   I rushed home and by then she had cried herself to sleep.  He said it was a good thing I wasn't home because I would have wanted to take her to the ER.  We have a fussy baby, but he said he has never seen her like this before.  Her little thighs were bruised and swollen.  It made me think about how fortunate we are to have a healthy baby.  I can't imagine what parents go through when their children are not healthy.  It's so sad.  Last night she slept again...all night long.  This time from 7:30ish-6:00am!  Then she went back down at 7:30am-9:00.  It was so nice to get a full night of sleep!  She started to run a temperature in the afternoon from the shots, but luckily we had some Tylenol to help with that.  I cuddled with her all day long today.  It was great!

In the mail I received a photobook that I put together for Anya on her birth day!  I think that will be her favorite book for me to read her as she grows up.  I wrote it in "kid language" and I must say it is very cute.  I can't believe how small she was...well, small for Anya that is. Looking through that book makes me realize how precious this time is. I love her so much!!

Okay, I'm done being an emotional mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I want to see pictures of the photo-book! My niece looks so adorable in all her dresses:) I bet you love playing dress up with her.

    ReplyDelete