Thursday, October 6, 2011

Fall is HERE!

One of the things I love most about living in the Midwest is getting to experience all four seasons.  Call me crazy, but I can honestly say I love them ALL...yes I include winter too!  Autumn is such a beautiful, refreshing time of the year.  For our family, October is a favorite.  These days are filled with trips to pumpkin patches, orchards, baking fall goodies, sips of hot apple cider, and snuggles in front of our fireplace.  Oh, and I should mention that I make sure to light our Macintosh and Pumpkin Spice candles.  Fall just doesn't seem complete with their sweet aroma in the air!  Last weekend we celebrated the first weekend in October by going to Goeberts Pumpkin Patch.  We're so lucky to have one so close by...you can literally see the giant pumpkin on the roof from the street by our house.  The only problem is the cost....$10 per person!  Is it just my frugal self or is that WAY overpriced?  Needless to say, we enjoyed the Goeberts Store and pile of pumpkins by the entrance. Ha!Ha!
Anya and Zeke headed to their first pumpkin patch outing!


Our famous pose in front of the mums!
We are looking forward to one of our favorite things about October...Pumpkin Fest in Sycamore!  It's held in a nearby town and is so much fun.  There are craft fairs, a parade, pumpkin decorating contests, treats, and friends!  Since I worked in Sycamore we know many people who attend it.  It's fun to run into old friends and former students and their families.  Maybe we'll even bring Charlie this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment