Wednesday, October 26, 2011

A Visit to the Country

Last weekend we went to The Gould Family Cider Press about 20 minutes from our house.  It's family owned and totally homey and cute!  It's basically their property with a little cabin behind their home that they sell goodies, gifts, and press apples to make cider. 

We stocked up on some more yummy apples, amazing taffy apples, and cider.  What can I say, our stash was running low!  The taffy apples were like a snickers bar but on an apple.  So that makes it healthy, right?  They crushed the peanuts so they molded into the caramel.  It was MMM MMM GOOD! We ate our apples by a campfire they had going near their home.  Anya sat in her stroller like a big girl.  She loves being able to see out and thinks she is 5 years old or something.

My favorite part of the trip was taking photos with my guy and baby girl by the beautiful colored leaves.  Our neighborhood doesn't have big trees since we are living in a new development so taking photos for my Autumn scrapbook pages was a must.  Anya was in awe of the leaves.  She just stared at them the whole time, and when we put a leaf in her hands for her to hold she wanted to put it in her mouth.  Everything goes in her mouth these days!  I'm thinking we need to make this into another October tradition!




 When we got home I made my first apple pie.  It turned out sooo good, if I do say so myself.  I think I'll go get a piece now;-)

1 comment:

  1. MMmm I'm thinking its time for a visit ;)! Fall is my favorite time of year, and I cant think of a better way to spend it than with those you hold so dear <3. Love you, Lisa! Hoping to see you this year!

    ReplyDelete