Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dear Anya, Happy 7 Months!

Dear Anya,



Daddy had to open and close an umbrella over my head to keep you from rolling over, hence the face!



You love this new game of shaking the container of toys and we dump them out.

You were helping Daddy purchase my Christmas gift online.

Happy 7 months...yesterday!  Like always time is really flying!  This month you have grown so much.  Currently you are wearing sizes 6-12 months!  I just recently cleaned out your closet and pulled out a bunch of larger sizes 12 month-18 month that I bought at garage sales last summer.  I never knew how quickly you would be in those outfits! 
You have tried so many different types of food: avacado, mango, apples, chicken, carrot, pears, string beans, peas, banana, and Cheerios.  You love eating!  Sometimes I give you pureed foods and other times I let you try to feed yourself...it's really cute watching you try to chew. 
This month you got your two bottom teeth.  Teething has not been bad for you at all!  No fever, and you've still been you happy, wiggle worm self.  The beginning of the month we found out you weigh 17 lbs and some ounces... we have another appointment in a week and we'll see how much you've grown.  You just finished a growth spurt but it always looks like it just goes to your height (crazy I'm not saying length anymore!).  You aren't a chubby baby, but do have chubby cheeks that everyone loves to kiss!
This month you have become quite the handful!  You are constantly rolling over making diaper changes and getting ready for a bath near impossible!!! You are still army crawling but make your way over to anything you want...like daddy's xbox wires and Charlie's toys.  Those always seem more interesting than what you are playing with.  The other day I made you stand up (you love standing) and you held onto the couch and stood all by yourself.  You are still wobbly but are getting good at standing with support.  When we play you like to sit upright sometimes for a different perspective, but I think you prefer to be playing on your tummy.  We moved you up to the crawlers room at church and they volunteers love you.  You go to the nursery at least twice a week for church and my Bible Study and the ladies say you are so pleasant and such a happy baby.  You absolutely love being at church and are very independent!  Tonight we had a Bible study and went to pick you up and you were playing on the floor with a teething ring, just chewing away. 
As far as sleeping goes you are still waking up once or twice to nurse, but it's fine with me.  I love rocking you because it's the only time you let me cuddle with you.  You don't cry as much as you used to and have gone down much smoother at night and at naps.  You love to sleep with your little Mr. Monkey friend...he makes you feel safe and comforted.  Many times when you wake up from good naps (2+ hrs) you just start entertaining yourself in your crib by looking in your mirror and playing with a few toys I've placed in there for you.  Sometimes I hear you talking up a storm.  This month you've started to say Mama, Mom, and hi!  It's adorable to hear you say Mama!  Yesterday you said it while my back was to you and Daddy said you were looking right up at me when you said it.  Melts my heart!
Your favorite toys this month are your excersaucer, Mr. Monkey, ball spinner, and Charlie!  But really anything you can grab and put in your mouth you adore:-)  Oh Miss Anya, life is so much sweeter with you in it.  Happy 7 months little miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment