Monday, August 12, 2013

10 on 10:: August 2013

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life & find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}

On Wednesday, August 7th we welcomed our little baby boy Oliver James into the world.  He is precious and we are loving every moment with him!!!

I'm a little late in posting this, but am so happy that I actually remembered to take photos throughout the day on Oliver's first day at our house.  
Ollie has been sleeping with me in our bed.  He sleeps really great in my arms...it's nice to get some sleep with a newborn.  I took this picture of him on the changing table.  I still can't get over what a peanut he is compared to Anya as a newborn!
 Daddy made us a really nice breakfast: pancakes, sausage, fried eggs, and fresh fruit.  Anya gave the pancakes a "thumbs-up".  (We just taught her how to make a thumbs up before taking this picture.  Love seeing her try it!)
 Anya loves cuddling with Oliver.  His body temperature was low so we had to keep him bundled up.  I think he's finally warmed up now from everyone cuddling him.  
 Anya grabbed her potty to show Ollie how she pees on the potty.  Very cute! :-)
Anya has been in need of some extra special mommy & daughter time so we made zucchini bread together. (We have tons of "chini's" growing in our garden.) It's a quick-n-easy recipe from a friend, and oh so delicious!  I'll share the recipe soon!
 We finally have more strawberries!  (Side note- Anya's dress was Gigi's when she was little! I wore it when I was little too!  Anya picked it out this morning to wear.  I love it on her.)
 Hanging outside with Daddy and Ollie. 
 Josh's school delivered a beautiful arrangement for Oliver's birth!  I love the colors.
 Charlie and Anya play so well together.  It's fun to see her initiate playing with him.  
 We got a card in the mail from Josh's work.  Anya wanted to read it to Ollie.  She was holding the card upside down...LOL!
 Josh had a wedding to DJ so Gigi came over.  Anya made sure to offer her tea like she does for everyone.
 Oliver loves his bunny rocker! Thank you Matt and Tracee!!
It was the perfect first full day home with Ollie.  I love that it just so happened to fall on the 10th!  
I love these pictures because they really capture our day.  I am so incredibly blessed!

1 comment:

  1. Oliver is so adorable! Glad to hear Anya is enjoying being a big sister! :)

    ReplyDelete