Monday, August 5, 2013

38 weeks:: Baby #2


This post is almost a week late!  I have been crazy busy nesting around here, cleaning, organizing, and doing lots of special things with my Anya girl.  Today we made breakfast muffins (thank you Ari for the recipe!)

How Far Along: 3rd Trimester, 38+6 weeks, 9 months!
 
Size of baby: Last Tuesday the doctor said I was measuring right on so that's good.  I've also had the same amount of weight gain this time as with Anya  (40lbs)
 
Maternity Clothes: Yes.  Why I am still answering this question, I do not know!
 
Gender: It's a BOY!!!  I will officially reveal his name the day he is born!
 
Movement: He is totally asleep when Anya wakes me up each morning.  He doesn't wake up until around 8:00am.  I hope this continues after he is born!  He is a total night owl though.  I feel tons of movement on my right side.  The other day we were grocery shopping at Woodmans and he was kicking my right side and an old lady said "is he kicking you?"  I thought it was so cute!  And she said "he" too!
 
Sleep:  GREAT sleep!  Taking it all in now!
 
What I miss: nothing really right now.
 
Cravings: We just bought the best grapes...I seem to be craving them!
 
Symptoms: I am so incredibly blessed to feel as good as I do.  No pelvic pressure (it was terrible with Anya!) no major symptoms.  There are times I forget I'm pregnant- no joke!  I feel like I could be pregnant another few months at this rate....
 
Birth predictions:  We are considering talking to the doctor about induction since we are kind of crunched for time with the school year starting, I don't want to deliver a 10lb baby and if I go late I might, and we have to DJ some weddings so induction might work best with our schedule.    I want Josh to have as much time with him as possible before the year starts. We are praying about this and that God will open and close doors and reveal to us His will.  We have an appointment tomorrow morning so we will see what the doctor says.  Over all I really, really hope I go naturally very soon just not on the weekends when we have weddings....:-/  We do have back-ups if needed though.
 
Best Moment this week: My doctor's appointment went well last Tuesday.  At one day shy of 38 weeks I was 2cm and 80%, he dropped to -2.  He is still so high up!  This week Mary and Cindy came to visit.  We had such a great time swimming at our pool, visiting them at my parent's house, and going for a walk around my community.  It melted my heart to see Anya interact with Mary.  She loves her so incredibly much.  They are adorable together!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. You are still looking fabulous! It's awesome that you are feeling so great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome :) I have been thinking about ya lately. Sounds to me that you are doing well, and look amazing! I saw pics of your sis baby and your sis....she looks great and her baby girl sooooo cute! Tell your fam and Michelle I said hello.....and I'm totally missing my neighbor :)ttyl!
    Ari

    ReplyDelete