Sunday, June 2, 2019

Evelyn Rose is 7 weeks

It's been years and years and years since I've written in this space and I feel like it's time for me to *try* to get back into it because there are so many things in life I want to capture, and honestly I miss blogging and documenting things.  AND an even bigger reason is because of our new baby Evelyn Rose.

Evelyn was my first baby born at home, and it was amazing!!!  If you are ever considering homebirth, DO IT!!  You will not be disappointed.  It was so peaceful and joy filled.  I could go on and on with how amazing it was, but I'll stick to Evelyn's 7 week update.  <3 nbsp="" p="">
Little Miss Evelyn is our little princess for sure.  We all adore her! Anya and Ollie give her kisses and talk to her every time they are near her.  Her cheeks are so kissable ;) I'm not sure how much she weighs now, but I can tell she's growing and filling out. Ever since Memorial Day (a week ago) she's been smiling a lot and is much more alert.  She loves engaging with us and acts as though she's trying to talk to us, but hasn't figured it out yet (sometimes we'll get a few little coos out of her).

Evelyn is such an incredible sleeper and is naturally getting into a routine, especially at night- it's amazing.  I give her a sink bath every night because it was the only way I could get her to calm down when she was being fussy.  The warm immediately relaxes her and makes her feel good. After bath I give her a little massage (told you she was the princess) with her Seedlings baby oil, little bit of Gentle Baby essential oil, and Seedlings lotion.  She loves it (it really helps her calm down because sometimes when I take her out of the bath she gets upset) I nurse her and she goes down at about 8:30pm.  Then has been waking up at 3:30 to nurse and go back to sleep until 6/7am.  I'm so spoiled with how well she's doing at night.  She sleeps in her little cradle next to me, and sometimes co-sleeps and cuddles with me if she just wants to be held.

During the day she absolutely loves to be in the Moby Wrap.  I don't know what I'd do without my Moby!!!  She loves the comfort of knowing Mommy is close and naps like that most days.  Evelyn loves going for walks and car rides- but when the car stops sometimes she starts crying.

Right now she is in size 0-3 month clothes, size 1 diaper, and I'm not sure weight but I wish I did!  At her one month checkup she was 9 lbs 8oz.  She looks longer to me and just seems overall chubbier and more filled out.  No more newborn wrinkle look.


Oh, how I love this sweet girl!  7 weeks has flown by, but at the same time it's seems like she's been a part of our family all along! 



No comments:

Post a Comment