Sunday, October 10, 2010

Easy recipes, Fall Decorations, Baby Update

I just love being a wife! One of my favorite things to do for Josh is cook and bake for him!! I was invited to a Fiesta Potluck and thought I'd try out my recipe before I go in a few weeks. This recipe is from my mom, she made it all the time when I was a kid. It is SO easy and yummy!!
*Dorito Taco Salad*














-Salad (I used a bag of romaine salad mix)
-Taco Seasoned Ground beef or turkey (I make my own seasoning: cumin, paprika, garlic powder, red pepper, and chilli powder)
-Crunched up doritos
-Sweet & Sour Dressing
-You can add onions, olives, sour cream, tomatoes or anything else that you prefer on a mexican salad!
The hardest part is not eating the bag of doritos...

*Apple Cider*










I was shocked the other day when I went to Wal-mart and saw that there "fancy" apple cider was $4.00/gallon!! I decided to spoof up my generic apple "cider" and make it rich with flavor!
This is another "recipe" from my mom. She always makes it on Christmas and it makes the house smell amazing!!!

-One container of generic apple cider
-whole cloves
- cinnamon (or cinnamon sticks if you have one)
-pumpkin pie seasoning
-nutmeg
-caramel syrup
-Bring to a boil... not only does it taste good but makes the whole house smell festive! Sorry but I rarely use measurements. I just eye-ball it and taste test & add more if needed! If I were to guess at the amounts I'd say maybe 2 tsp of each ingredient.


When you come to our home, you can always tell what season it is. I LOVE Decorating...


*Our foyer ledge*

As most of you know, I LOVE a good deal! This sign was a few dollars ($7) from Burlington Coat Factory. The leaf garland was from Deals ($1).


Apparently, Charlie thought I was taking a picture of him he quickly ran over to the fireplace to get in the picture...:-)









-Mirror from Goodwill ($3)
-Bat tag from a gift bag from a student.. great way to dress it up!

Lil Pumpkin Update:
I am 10w 4d! I still feel great... although I am tired. Baby is growing and is now the size of a Kumquiat. Whatever that is! That is the size in the book, but in other words Pumpkin is 1 3/4 inch big.



No comments:

Post a Comment