Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Healthy & Yummy Enchiladas


So my hubby LOVES enchiladas. I was never too impressed with the canned enchilada sauce...too salty and not enough flavor. Last week I went to a fiesta with some girlfriends and one of the girls made yummy enchiladas. And guess what? I loved them! So fresh and healthy...just what I like:o)

So here's the "recipe":
-Brown ground turkey, drain fat
-add paprika, cumin, cheyenne pepper, chili powder (I add a TON of this!)
-slice large carrots with a peeler into the ground turkey (one was enough for me)
-drain and rinse one can of black beans (or kidney if you have that one hand) then add to turkey
-add spinach to turkey (I sliced up fresh, you could also use spinach... as much as you'd like)
-add white or red onion
-stir over low heat
-fill soft tacos with about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture, roll up and place in 9 x11 dish (I used multi-grain tacos)
-spread a thin layer of salsa on each enchilada and sprinkle cheese on top
-squeeze lime on top for fresh zest

bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes
Serve with Spanish rice, sour cream on top, and fresh salsa (diced tomatoes, cilantro, onion, lime juice)


After eating these, I can now say that I love enchiladas!
I hope you enjoy too!

What are your favorite Mexican recipes?

No comments:

Post a Comment