Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dear Anya, Happy ELEVEN Months!

Dear Anya Violet,


Hi there Little Miss. You sure are growing quickly! Those cheeks are getting fuller and are even more kissable. Those thighs are getting rolls....finally! And we even see you cute little belly hang out now that you are wearing little tee's with the warmer weather. I could just snuggle you all day, if you'd let me!

Your personality at eleven months:
-Very active and such a busy-body
-Carefree and independent
-Happy and such a ham
-Playful and friendly (you wave to everyone!)
-Intellectual and strong


You probably weigh 22 pounds. Last month I took you to the dr for a cold and you weighed slightly over 21 pounds. You are now almost completely weaned and are doing great with bottles full time. We just started small doses for whole milk with formula and you didn't seem to mind at all. You are wearing size 12-18 month clothing, size 4 diapers (although we are still using cloth.) Your hair has grown longer and you curls that flip up by your neckline. I even started doing a little pony tail on you, but the band falls out sometimes.

This month you still take two naps a day. One around 9 am and the other around 1 pm. You wake up between 6:30-7:30 everyday and are in bed by 7:30. This week you napped amazingly! Two hour nap in the morning and two hour nap in the afternoon...thank you to spring break we were home much of the week to allow this. You love holding a paci in each hand when I put you in your crib. It provides you with a lot of comfort and you don't even cry when I put you down awake anymore for naps. It's awesome!


You have a huge love of flavorful food: spaghetti, chili, fruit smoothies, soups, guacamole. We give you pretty much everything we eat. This month you new favorite snacks are graham crackers! You already know the word.

At 11 months you are now clapping, waving, giving kisses, and starting to give "hi-5s". We were eating dinner when you learned how to clap. I showed you and then you did it and were shocked that you clapped. Then we could see you thinking "So that's how you do it!" It was so funny! We are working on blowing kisses, saying "Dada" (you are so stuck on Mama and haven't mastered Dada yet). You have said Dada before so we know it's possible. Yesterday we went to Ari's house to play with Seylah and Emma. I was holding Emma and you got jealous for the first time ever. You grabbed onto my leg and said "Up, Up, Up". First time saying "up"!! Last night as I was getting you ready for bed you kept saying "Ni-Ni" over and over....when I put you down I always say "Night Night Anya". Daddy and I think that's what you were saying.


The toys you have been playing with a lot this month are your "Anya Mobile", "truck"-actually a car/bike thing but if we say "car" Charlie goes crazy-happy thinking we are going for a car-ride. You have just started to push your doll-baby's stroller by yourself. It still makes Daddy a little uneasy, as he is afraid you are going to push it too hard and fly forward. We are both amazed at how well you are doing with it! And boy is it cute to watch a baby girl push her doll. You have yet to take your first steps on your own, but are gaining lots of balance and go from sitting to standing with ease. I love watching you squat...so cute!

You still love the nursery at church and going out in public. Yesterday I was serving in the nursery and you were next door and I watched you the whole time. You looked so cute through that little window. You played so nicely and played hard with the toys! At one point you saw me and smiled and came crawling to the wall, until you realized you couldn't get to me you started crying. I felt so bad! They gave you Puffs to calm you down. Eating always does! haha!


We traveled to visit Aunt Cindy and Uncle Tony last week. You did great in the car and slept better with your little strap pillows, plus you loved Auntie Kates entaining you! While we were in Ohio you saw Great Grandma Egbers again, you saw cousin Luke (gave him a lip smacking kiss) and played "dress up" with cousin Avery.


I've started planning and preparing more and more for you birthday. I can't believe it is almost here!
I love you so much Anya! You are such a sweetheart and I absolutely adore you!!! Happy 11 months!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment