Monday, July 2, 2012

Bragging about my sisters

Saturday was Tommy's graduation party, and Katie was in charge of the decorations.  This post was just going to be about the party, but then I thought about how much both of my sisters are amazingly talented.  So  I thought I'd introduce you to them.  And also share pictures from the graduation party.

Meet Cindy a.k.a. Cindy Lou Who...The middle child:

Cindy is a self-taught baker, cake decorator, and home DIY master.  This girl made her own wedding cake.  Really?  Yes, she is that amazing!  And it turned out perfect. She also made her own wedding bouquet too!  Which brings me to another talent...she could totally be a florist. 

I love her bouquet!
Aunt Cindy made Anya's yummy birthday cake!

She can cook anything and make it taste TO-DIE-FOR.  Her stuffed shells...my mouth is already watering.  Her and my brother-in-law just bought their first home and made some awesome transformations.  I never thought I'd see Cindy holding a power saw (I think that's what it was) laying wood flooring.  She continues to impress me.  
Cindy is the most compassionate person I know.  She cares deeply for those around her and shows Christs' love to everyone.

Now for the baby sis, Katie...a.k.a. Auntie Kates or Kid Sister (as Josh likes to call her)
Meet Katie:

Katie is a hair stylist ROCK STAR! She takes my hair from drab to fab everytime I walk into her adorable salon. No joke. I walk in looking like a lion and walk out looking like Carrie Underwood. Now if I could only borrow her arms to do that magic on my locks every day, I'd be set. Not only is she unbelieveably talented in the hair department, but she is a party planner extraordinaire! On Saturday she decorated for her BF Tommy's graduation party and it turned out so awesome. It was at a nearby park pavillion so the theme was rustic-shabby-adorableness.









Isn't she talented? 
She is so humble, you would never hear her admit it!  Everything you seen, she made...by hand.
Katie recently discovered a talent she didn't even know she had.  She makes unique and creative cakes... owls, football helmets, soccer balls, camp sites, whatever you want she will make.  I wonder what she will do for my birthday?  This was the owl cake she made for Tommy's birthday!
Katie is a true sweetheart.  She goes out of her way always to help others.  She is very dependable and loyal and the list goes on and on. 
God has truly blessed me with amazing sisters.  I pray that one day Anya will have a sister or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment