Monday, October 15, 2012

Morning person, right here!!

Anyone else a morning person?  Yes, I could sleep until 10 if you let me...and did for much of my teenage/ college life on weekends.  But now I get frustrated when I sleep in.  I feel like I'm missing out on the peace that comes in the morning. The world is just waking up.  There is silence when I let Charlie out, other than the sweet songs of the birds.  The simplicity at the dawn of a new day is beautiful.  I am in awe of this season that God's grace has allowed me to enjoy.  The Creator makes these colors of autumn so breathtaking. 
Not just the physical things bring me peace, but the peace of knowing God has given me a new day and new mercies.  He has given me the chance to start the day off with a clean slate.  The chance to say "I messed up yesterday and want to strive to honor you today." 

It's 8:30 am and believe it or not she's still sleeping!  Wow, this never happens.  Of course when it does happen it's mornings that I need to be somewhere....lol!  This morning I've been basking in the joy of being a stay at home mommy and not needing to rush out the door.  I was able to have my Bible study/ prayer time with my pumpkin spiced latte, without having a crying baby wake up midway through.  Side note: I will be addicted to coffee after this season and next with all the fun flavors.  I even made our crock pot meal for dinner- Butternut Squash Chili.  Anyone else doing Crocktober meals for dinner??? It's amazing chili, which is why I make it practically every week.  I made a huge batch because my dear friend Jessica just had a baby boy (Zac) and I am bringing some over for their family too.  (I can't wait to meet him tomorrow!!!)

 Lamentations 3:22-23 "The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

Good morning friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment