Thursday, January 31, 2013

January in a nutshell

It's hard to believe the first month of 2013 has come to an end.  This January we experienced weird weather in the Chicagoland area; lots of rain, hardly no snow at all and 60 degree day followed by freezing cold and a dusting of snow.  Anya is starting to talk up a storm and is learning new words everyday.  It's fun to listen to her.
 
We celebrated Katie's birthday Jan.4th.  It's hard to believe my little sister is 24!  My mom, Katie, and I went to some resale shops in the area and out to lunch.  Then we had dinner, opened gifts, and had a delicious ice cream cake my mom made.
 
"Baby" has become her favorite toy.  Every night she tells me Baby needs to sleep with her. 
 Anya had Roseolla (aka 6th disease) at the start of the month.  She had a high fever over 104, which lasted four days and then developed a rash on her chest.  You can kind of see it on her chest and belly.  Poor girl!
Anya loves reaching on top of the counter and grabbing anything up there.  I'm definitely learning to keep the counters cleared...no knives near the edge!
 
One of Anya's new favorite activities is dressing Mommy and Daddy in winter gear.  It's so cute that she knows which pieces belong to each of us. 

Running around with Baby

 
Eating a cookie after lunch
 
Our DJ booth at the NIU Bridal Expo. 

This was the best picture we could get of Anya and I at 10 weeks. 
She's mad this baby isn't coming sooner!!!

Belly shot at 10 weeks...(photo quality stinks!)
 

 Excited/ creepy photo of us while waiting in line at the new Portillos.  It was packed opening night.  We waited probably 30 minutes in line...totally worth the wait.

My BIGGEST craving everrrr! It opened Jan 15, I've already been there twice. This needs to stop!
 
Belly shot at 12 weeks...feeling SO tired, but it's totally worth it.
 
Crystal Lake Bridal Expo
 
 
 Our friends are expecting baby #2 and we did a gender reveal with cupcakes.  It's a girl!!!  There first is a boy...I knew this baby was a girl.  I'm SO excited!
 
Happy Jan.31st!  Next month I will become an AUNT!  Baby Mary is due February 17th...but we are thinking she might arrive a little early.  We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment