Thursday, June 19, 2014

Memories were made...

This house holds many memories. Wednesday we say "good-bye" to our first home.  This is the place we started our second year of marriage, established our first "real" jobs, got our puppy, and brought our babies home to.  It's the place I learned to call home much more when I became a stay-at-home mommy.  The place where we had our first family vegetable garden, and added beautiful tulips and daffodils to the already landscaped yard...and then watched them bloom the day we brought Anya home from the hospital.  It's the place I had to be creative with decorating and storage.  This home holds thousands of memories: baking with Anya in the kitchen and watching her pull up a chair to the counter, dancing in the rain on the path, summer night walks before we had kids, swim days at the pool, playtime on the patio with our awesome pergola {best investment!} walks with our new puppy whom every neighbor loved, campfires in the yard, birthday parties, our "Tea for Three" shop's first sale in our garage, putting balloons on our mailbox after Oliver was born, rocking my babies to sleep, singing "Circle and dots" a song I made up for my kids that we would sing as we looked at their shower curtain, the corner of Anya's room that she has slept in since she was born Obviously I could go on and on. 
I think out of everything I will miss my stone fireplace and tulips out front the most.  This house has been such a blessing to us.  How awesome is God to have given us a home to bring our babies home to?  A home that no one before us had called home.  How great is God that he would bless us with a beautiful, safe, community with a gorgeous rec center/ pool and parks?  
Our first home will be missed...the payments will not be;) 

I'm learning that it's the people that make a house a home.  









































No comments:

Post a Comment