Wednesday, December 29, 2010

DIY Baby Mobile









I love crafting! Especially during Christmas break when I have time. Josh plays his video/ computer games and I craft...very relaxing. A project I have been working on is a baby mobile for our baby girl's room. I wanted something bright and attractive that she can look at. The following sites inspired me to do a butterfly themed mobile:



Raechel is such a creative person and is an AWESOME decorator! Her site is very inspirational and has great ideas.



Here are the supplies I used:






































I started by cutting strips of ribbon about 4 inches long. I tied them knots going around the circumference of the cardboard circle.
















Next, I took clear thread and cut it into long pieces (~20 inches). I tied it to the circle and let the pieces hang down. I "sandwiched" identical butterfly piece stickers to the clear thread with hot glue. I glued 3-4 butterflies on each thread piece. I did the same with the sew-on dragonfly pieces.


***This part was kind of frustrating because the thread was like working with a piece of hair and the threads kept getting tangled. To solve this I used a black surface to work on. I put the circle in the middle of the table and had the pieces of thread spread out in different directions (like a sun).


Lastly, I used four strips of tulling to create a bow at the top for the mobile to hang from. Josh hung the mobile on the ceiling by a metal hook.

1 comment:

  1. Really cute!!! Thank you so much for taking time to invite me to see your adorable project! You did a great job! And thank you so much for your sweet words!

    Congratulations on your sweet baby girl on the way!

    ReplyDelete