Monday, December 27, 2010

Baby Girl's Nest









First off, since Christmas is over I can tell our secret. We are having a GIRL & we are SO excited! She is healthy and moving like crazy!
It's hard to believe that Christmas has passed, and the New Year is 5 days away. It's crazy how fast time flies. Sadly, I know when our baby girl is here time will fly even faster. Josh and I have had a great Christmas break so far. We realize how fortunate we are to even have a Christmas break...and are enjoying every moment of it. Last week we painted the nursery a warm tan color. Auntie Kates came over to help...she's great! We started to organize and set up all of the baby things we have been collecting over the years and the past 5 months. Whenever I found something I wanted my future children to have, I would buy it and store it in the now baby closet... especially books!!
She already has some outfits (Grandma Nilsson gave a few years ago!) and stuffed animals. I was fortunate enough to find most of her nursery items at...I am embarrassed to mention it...Goodwill. I have so much luck there it's crazy. I found a light pink bumper for $2. I am going to add fun bows to it with my new sewing machine. The curtains in her room were $5, light pink changing cover (very soft, I might add) for $3, lamps for $5 each, orange blanket comforter $4, round mirror $4...the list goes on and on. It's amazing how much you can find second hand that looks brand new! The glider chair was a gift from my mom, which she also found at a second hand store. The changing table & pad was a gift from Katie at a second hand store near her. The only piece of furture we have bought so far is the crib & mattress and the turquoise storage cubes.
I am very pleased with how the nursery came out. It's exactly what I was going for...not matchy matchy or overly "babyish" or too gender specific- neutral walls with bold accent colors in turquoise, pink, orange, and lime green. God-willing, Josh and I want many children so this room will be very easy to adapt for a boy. I also wanted the room to be a space I could see myself spending a lot of time in, and so far whenever I walk past the room I have to walk inside and look around. I love how I was able to use little knickknacks from my childhood and Josh's to make it more meaningful.
I can't wait until our little girl is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment