Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Life's Greatest Blessing

On May 3 our lives changed forever.  Our precious daughter, Anya Violet was born.  She is totally healthy weighing 9lbs2 oz and 21 3/4 inches long at birth!!!  Praise God for this precious miracle!  Anya is such a beautiful, sweet baby.  She only cries when she is hungry (she loves to eat!) and when she is getting her diaper changed (she's getting better with diaper changes though).  This past week Anya has had many firsts... well obviously, she's only one week!  But here are some of her "first" highlights:
-first big smile at 4 days...this is a cute story.  She had fallen asleep in my arms and I was praying that God would give her sweet dreams.  Immediately after she gave the biggest smile.  I knew right then that God had answered my prayer, as she indeed was having a sweet dream.
-first doctor's appointment- she did great!  Weighing 8lbs 4oz.  She had to get her first vaccination and mommy cried right along with her.  I don't know which is worse...seeing the needle go into her little thigh or her facial expression.  It was terrible!!!  She had her 2nd appointment today for a weigh-in and color check since she was jaundice.  She now weighs 8lbs 9oz which is perfectly on track for regaining her birthweight.
-first sponge bath given by Grandma H and mommy
-first ride on her swing
-first walk in the stroller
-first visit to church










1 comment:

  1. I dont know what to say...but I read it and I love it! :) Praying the Lord would allow us to be there again someday XOs

    ReplyDelete