Thursday, September 15, 2011

Apple Series: Apple Crisp

I love the smell of apple crisp baking in the oven.  The smell creates so many memories for our family.  This time of year is so much fun...especially all of the baking I get to do!  Tonight I decided to use up some more of the apples we got from the orchard.  I made this to-die-for apple crisp.  I wish I had some vanilla ice cream to put on top!  Maybe Anya and I will make a mad dash to Wal-mart tomorrow:-)


4 cups sliced, cored apples
2/3-3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/3 cup soft butter
dash salt
1/4 cup of water or less

1.) Pour sliced apples into a 8x8 baking dish.  Pour 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of the dish.
2.)  In a small bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and butter.
3.)  Sprinkle on top of the apples.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes.  Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or a drizzle of caramel!

No comments:

Post a Comment