Saturday, September 3, 2011

Dear Anya, Happy 4 months!









Dear Anya,
Four months already!?! When I tell people "I have a daughter who is four months" it doesn't sound like I have a newborn anymore.  I must say, although I miss your quivering lip and dream smiles, every day truly does get better and better!
At the beginning of this month you mastered rolling over from back to tummy.  Sleeping on your tummy is your favorite!  You have definitely gained a lot of neck strength and don't fuss nearly as much during tummy time.  We've had nights where you sleep through the night and nights where you wake up a lot.  I'm starting to stay away from spicy foods and continuing to stay away from dairy as this still bothers your tummy.  This month you have become a much happier nurser and you don't fuss during feedings as much as you used to.  I never thought I'd be able to say that!!  You hold onto my shirt like it is a blanket...oh, I can't wait for those days when you carry a blankie!
Daddy has started work up again so it's just me and you and occasional visits from Auntie Kates and your Grandmas at home.  We keep busy by playing in the exersaucer, reading books (you love the color book with the bright red strawberry and lime green background!) sitting in your bumbo.  Speaking of sitting-When I went grocery shopping the other day and you stayed home with Auntie Katie and you practiced sitting up on your own with her.  She said that you are like Tin-Man, falling to the sides for her to catch you!
Your routine is still somewhat inconsistent but you've developed a good morning nap and bedtime routine!  You use your paci a lot less than you did when you were a newborn, only using it now for naps and not even every time.  If Daddy or I are holding you, you start chewing on our arms, hands, shoulders...anything you can munch on. Toys are constantly going in your mouth and I wonder how you could possibly like chewing on some of those harder toys.  I try to get you to use teething rings but you seem to prefer everything else! I think you may be starting to teeth. 
Your eyes light up when you hear the water turn on for bath time.  You enjoy kicking water at Daddy...it's very cute!  I think you are going to be a big swimmer!  You love when water gets on your face and hands, and you try to lick it off.
We are still using cloth diapers and we love them-the colors look so cute on  you!  The summer dresses in 0-3 and 3 month are now being worn as shirts with skirts!  You wear mostly 3-6 month with 6 month sleepers at night.
A few days ago Mommy tried to give you rice cereal with a spoon but your tongue just pushed it out.  When we go to the doctor in a few days we will see what she says about starting it in a bottle.  You seem very curious and interested when Daddy and I eat.  It's very cute to watch you stare at us!
Here are some pictures from this month:









 

I love you,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment