Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A Day at the Orchard

Yesterday we had a family day and went apple picking.  Royal Oak Farm is a Christian-based orchard...
I know, cool right!!
It was the perfect temperature...I love the crisp, cool air that September brings after a hot and humid summer! Don't you?  It's so refreshing.  Anya laughed when she felt the breeze on her face!

 It was fun acting like kids again and enjoying the simple things in life- like picking fresh apples from a tree.




We picked a whole peck, while singing "I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around your neck!" I guess that's what you do when you are married to a musical director!! 


We made sure to get plenty of Jonamac because they are great to eat and bake with.  Juicy and crisp...PERFECT!

Before leaving we couldn't resist buying some goodies from the store bakery.  We're talking apple donuts, fresh cider, and two hot drinks to go...I never thought I'd say this about donuts but they were SO good!  Oh, and I had to buy some apple butter for Josh because it's his favorite!




We had so much fun we might even go again...it's open until October 31st!
Apple Baking Series: COMING SOON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment