Friday, April 12, 2013

Gender Reveal Party

3/27/13- 20 weeks, half way there!
All along I've felt like this baby was a boy.  As much as I dreamed of Anya having a little sister, I couldn't help but picture her with a baby brother.  It just seems right.  We went to our 20 week ultrasound and told the nurse not to reveal the gender, because we were having a gender reveal party after our appointment.  The nurse told a friend the sex of the baby, and then my friend, Melissa, made a cake with color coordinating filling to reveal. 
All during the ultrasound we both thought...."it's totally a boy".  Strange how you get that sense sometimes, isn't it?  It was the same way with Anya too. 

Our little guy is healthy and everything looked great with him!  He's measuring 11 ounces and exactly on his due date: August 14th!  What a blessing!  I found out that I have placenta previa, but am praying this goes away by my next ultrasound at 28 weeks. 

At our gender reveal party we had to dress in either blue or pink. 
with Josh's parents...Deb couldn't decide which color to wear:)
 Us with my parents
 Me and my pregnancy friend, Michelle.  We were pregnant together with our firsts too!
 Jessica (and baby Zac) and I
 Nicole and I
 Little sis Katie and I
 
I was so certain it was a boy that I wore blue.  Josh thought boy, but wore a pink tie because he didn't want to risk being wrong and not getting his boy!  It's amazing how anxious we got before the reveal....it's either a boy or a girl, but for some reason it seemed so life changing in that moment. 
Anxiously about to cut into the cake...
 Telling Josh to cut in the middle, I wanted to make sure we would see the color.
 Here we go...
 Is that really blue I see?
 Yes it is!!! (This isn't the greatest picture of the blueberries in the cake, but you can kind of see them.)

Then we saw the blueberry filling on the cake...BOY!  Josh could have cried!  I am excited to have one of each:-)  Josh will be a great daddy to our little boy and Anya will be an awesome big sister! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, Lisa. That's so exciting!

    Cute idea with the gender reveal party. Hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope the proud parents had a great time in their gender reveal get together. Will never forget the wonderful set up at one of the affordable home studios NYC booked by my classmate. Liked the snacks and beverages served by the staff. Crockery was awesome and small table were enough for everyone.

    ReplyDelete