Friday, April 11, 2014

Five on FRIDAY::Easter Edition



[ONE]
It was the first day in the 70s and we had a garage sale!  Perfect day for one!  It was nice to finally come out of hibernation and announce that spring is finally here:-)  Thank you Mom for watching the kids for me.  And thank you Dad for helping me set up and manage the sale!

[TWO]
Easter is a little over a week away...  CRAZY!  Here is my Easter mantel this year.  Because we are moving I don't have many of my decorations on hand, but printables are a great way to spice up the home for holidays without taking up any space.  "My Redeemer Lives" printable found here.

[THREE]
This year for Easter we are celebrating at our house (since it will most likely be our last holiday in this house). Our families are coming over after church. I thought it would be fun to make these with Anya.  Aren't they...cute?
http://thepreppyplanner.weebly.com/1/post/2013/03/easter-bunny-rolls.html

[FOUR]
Have any of you tried this cheap idea from Pinterest for dying eggs?  All I have to say is:
1.)  They don't look this bright.
2.)  The dye gets all over your hands because it just coats the eggs, it doesn't dye them.
3.) Bummer.

[FIVE]
Anya is at that age where she is very curious and inquisitive.  This year more than ever, I am talking to her about why we celebrate Easter.  I've heard her randomly say "Mommy, Jesus is alive!!!"  I found this creative idea before I even had kids and have been waiting to use it and now it's perfect for teaching Anya about Jesus' resurrection.  
http://www.aroundmyfamilytable.com/2013/03/empty-tomb-rolls/
Happy Friday + Happy Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment