Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter!

Jesus is Risen!  Hallelujah!  

What a beautiful Easter yesterday!  The sun was shining, flowers starting blooming, weather near 80...the perfect Easter!

On Good Friday Anya and I made Resurrection Rolls.
Yes, those are Christmas jammies...don't judge;-)

We read about Jesus' death and resurrection before making the rolls (in her children's bible).  
I think making the rolls really helped her to understand the basic Gospel message, because the next day she said "Jesus died on the cross because he loves us.  He got a boo boo.  Jesus is alive!" It was so amazing to hear her "get it".   I was determined to get a video of her saying it because it was so precious which my sister posted on Facebook.

Easter morning Josh had to head out quickly since he was doing a monologue at the church service.  So we did a quick Easter Egg scavenger hunt with simple clues that led Anya (and Ollie) to their Easter baskets.  The Easter Bunny put their baskets in the "garden" sprinkled with candy.  (Molly recognize that blue candy?!)


I prepped breakfast the night before so we would have a smooth morning since Daddy had to leave fast.  Monkey bread muffins are so quick and easy...cheap too!  They are a huge hit in our family!  I also made my Grandma's Egg's Rebel (casserole).
Anya loves Easter!  She kept saying "Happy Easter Egg Hunt"! and "Jesus is alive!"
And this little boy...sweetest baby EVER!  HE was cutting two teeth and had a runny nose but was still smiling.  



Leaving for church!


Anya loves sitting on Jesus' lap on the statue. I could just picture Jesus with the little children in the Bible!  How precious that must have been.

(See what I mean about beautiful day?!)

Then we headed home for naps, while I got things ready for our families to come over.  Katie and I decided to move the tables outside since it was gorgeous out.  So we had dinner on our patio!  It felt more like Memorial Day rather than Easter.  
Mom made a poke cake with pound cake and strawberry jello, with cool whip frosting and fresh strawberries on the side.  Isn't it a pretty cake!? She knew Anya would get a kick out of the sprinkles on top and she sure did!

The cake stand was my mom's grandmother's, who just so happened to be a baker.  I think Anya is following in her footsteps.
Oliver had fun with Papa Nilsson.
My dad took Anya to the park.  






 I hope you and your family had a wonderful Easter celebrating our risen Lord and Savior!









No comments:

Post a Comment