Friday, February 18, 2011

I choose JOY!

Being on bed rest, I realize that every day I have a decision to make: 
1.)  to be depressed about the fact I am on bed rest, cooped up in the house, unable to work, unable to be active OR 2.)  to be filled with joy and trust God that this is what I need right now and cherish it. 
As much as my nature tends towards the first... I choose JOY!  Is it easy to be filled with joy during a time of uncertainty like this when it concerns your baby and your health?  Absolutely not!  However, this morning I realized that God knew this would happen at this point in my pregnancy.  It's not news to Him!  I trust that I am doing what is best for my baby and myself.  I am doing what His plan is for me at this point in my pregnancy. 
The time that I have now is more like a blessing.  It's a time for me to get rest, get visits from my family, and find encouragement!  I have been so moved by the amount of facebook comments, emails, cards, phone calls, meals, and visits!  This is also a time for me to enjoy the little things in life... a room filled with bright sunshine, springlike breezes through a slightly opened window, naptime when tired, snuggles with my puppy, and kicks from my little girl!  These are all things I typically miss out on when life is too busy.  It's these little things and the encouragement from family and friends that have brought me joy during this time. 

1 Thessalonians 5:16 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

  1. :) I'm choosing JOY with you! :) Although it would be easy to be sucked into the other way

    ReplyDelete