Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Baby Update: 31 Weeks

I couldn't be happier to be 31 weeks today!  Each week I am just overwhelmed with God's faithfulness and how he has taken care of the baby.  Last week I had a baby appointment and the doctor redid the fetal fibro test and a cervical test.  Thank God my cervix has not changed... bed rest is working!!!  I never heard back the results from the fetal fibro test, and they normally say no news is good news so I'm assuming it was negative... another praise to GOD!!  This week the baby has started to kick my ribs, she prefers the right side:-)  She's a breech baby right now thanks to the Vitametavegamin drink for the glucose test that gave her enough energy to flip.  Does this mean that if I drink it again she will go back to head down?  I'm just praying she decides to flip soon & stay that way!!   Her kicks have continued to get stronger and I can tell the difference how between hands, and the rest of her body.  Yesterday we had our first lamaze class at the hospital.  We learned about a few relaxation techniques and that "coaches" can never go wrong with giving a massage... so true!!  Josh is going to be a great coach through labor.  We make such a great team.  Next week the nurse wants us to bring a focal point... something for us to focus on during contractions during labor.  I'm thinking I will bring the baby's little pink giraffe. 

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 3rd trimester, 31 Weeks, ending my 7th month this week!!!

Size of baby: She is over 3.5 pounds (although I think she weighs more)- 4 navel oranges, 16 inches long

Clothes: Comfy pants with t-shirts and always wearing my slippers

Gender: It's a girl!!!  Her name is a surprise:-)

Movement: She is VERY active - especially after I eat and at night!

Sleep: Up to this point I have been sleeping very well!  I do need to drink a lot resulting in frequent trips to the restroom!  So typical for pregnant ladies:-)

What I miss: With all of the beautiful sunshine we've been getting I really miss taking Charlie for walks around the neighborhood.  I also miss doing housework... thanks to bed rest my house is a mess (not good for a nesting mama!!)

Cravings: This week I have noticed I have been craving sweets (twizzlers, fruit snacks, HUGS)  I'm trying to keep them away!!!

Symptoms: Braxton Hicks, aching hips at night, heartburn, emotional at times

Best Moment this week: Josh coming home Monday, Tuesday, and today EARLY!!!!  Because he is sandwiched between two musical performance weekends they don't have practice until Thursday this week, so he gets to leave school when the bell rings at 3:30.  Let me tell you, it has been WONDERFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment