Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby Update: 35 Weeks

35 weeks & approximately 35 days to go!!!!!!!   I wonder when she will come?  Josh thinks she will come in May, he really wants her here before Mother's Day on May 7... how cool would that be?  I think it would be so awesome if she came on Good Friday (going through labor and being reminded of the pain Christ went through on the cross for me) and then having the joy of bringing her home on Easter April 24.  But whenever God's plan is for her to come out and meet us is great with us!  If you know me, you know that I am a planner.  Our bag is almost finished being packed & I packed the most adorable pink, fruffy dress for her to come home in.  I think coming home deserves a pretty dress, don't you?  At our shower we received so many pink blankets that have been hand knitted, so I packed one of those to wrap her up in.  Boy do I hope the weather is warm when she comes home!!! I feel sorry for all those mommys that have to bring their little one home in below zero temps. 

This week we had our last bi-weekly doctor appointment and now we go weekly!  Everything looked great... strong heartbeat, measuring perfect, good answers to our questions (yes, we wrote a list this time).  Josh found out that he is able to be very involved in the actual delivery, as nothing biology related grosses him out.  Once her head and one shoulder are out the doctor said that he is able to catch her (and cut the cord, but I think that is pretty typical.)  How neat that daddy's hands are guiding her into the world... I love it!

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 3rd trimester, 35 Weeks, ~35 days to go!

Size of baby: She is 5  1/4 pounds~ the weight of a honeydew, and is 20 inches long!

Maternity Clothes: I'm a total cheap-o and haven't spent much money at all on maternity clothes!  Fortunately I have awesome friends and family that have allowed me to borrow some! 

Gender: It's a girl!!! Her name is a surprise:

Movement: She has less room to wiggle around than she used to so she can't show off anymore flip! She continues to jab and poke my right side:-)
Sleep: I wake up many times but I can't complain I get a good amount of sleep every night!!!

What I miss: Walking fast!

Cravings: Sweets, sweets, and more SWEETS! It's so strange because up until this last month or so I haven't had very many bad cravings!

Symptoms: My growing belly!  41 inches around my waist just below my belly button.

Best Moment this week: Last big date night with Josh!  He took me to Chicago Prime Steakhouse.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! So excited for you and it was fun to read all the updates of your pregnancy and think back to when I was! Such a miracle, such a blessing, God is awesome :o)

    ReplyDelete