Monday, January 2, 2012

Dear 2011

Dear 2011,

You have been one of the best years of my life!  With so many exciting new chapters opening.  God has blessed our family tremendously this year.  Here are our most memorable moments from 2011!

January
The year started off with a very busy musical season for Josh ("Wizard of Oz") and me on bedrest by the middle of the month.  I was having contractions and started dilating early so the doctors thought it would be best if I took it easy and rested.  So I stopped teaching and got some much needed naps.  God blessed us with many DJ jobs for the year at our expos.  We were fortunate to work with some awesome couples. 



 February
LET it SNOW!!!!  Us Chicagoians got the blizzard of a lifetime February 2nd!  Everything was shut down and closed for two days.  That never happens in Chicago!  This month I started making Anya's crib bedding.  I was having so much fun getting her nursery ready for her arrival.




 March
As you can see, most of my life at this point and time revolved around the fact that I was pregnant!  I did finish the bedding this month.  Here is the final product!  And my crocuses came up!  I knew Anya would be with us soon when I saw that early sign of spring.  This month Josh and I had our first baby shower thrown by his mom and friends of hers at church.  It was so nice to visit with old friends and be given such nice gifts for Anya!






April
My mom, Katie, and friend Melissa threw me an awesome shower at our community center.  My Aunt, cousins, and their children came from Cincinnati to surprise me....it was so great to see them.





May
The most exciting month this year!  Anya was born May 3rd at 4:44pm.  She is the joy of our life!
At the end of May, Cindy and Tony came in from CT to meet her.  It was fun having our first Harrington-side reunion.  We went to church on Mother's Day when she was only 5 days old. 
June
Josh celebrated his first Father's Day.  We enjoyed a nice morning at church and his parents came over for dinner.  We ate outside on the patio...salmon!!!  This month is very much a blur...as we were totally sleep deprived.  Josh started summer break the second week in June, which helped me out so much.  I started running again 6 weeks post-partum and began Zumba for the summer. 

 July
4th of July weekend we travelled to Cincinnati for a extended family Meet Anya Party!  It was great for everyone to meet her.  Josh and I celebrated our 5th anniversary.  July 25th Josh turned 28 and we celebrated by having family over.  I enjoyed garage sale shopping with my girlfriends a lot this month, and Josh caught up on good books.  We took a day trip to the arboretum for a picnic and some hikes, and went to a pool party.  Josh and I escaped and went downtown to see Beauty and the Beast.  My little beauty at home wore an outfit I got her at a garage sale. 


August
This month can be summed up by saying harvesting.  We made so much with our yummy tomatoes!  Anya started sitting up in her bumbo.  My mom came over a few times to help out with Anya when Josh went back to school at the end of the month.  I like to refer to this month as my official stay at home mommy month!




September
We had our official "kick-off" to fall Labor Day weekend...also my birthday weekend. I turned 27 on September 7, and we went apple picking to celebrate. I was thrilled to have been given Fiestaware!!!!





October
Columbus Day weekend we went back to Cincinnati, because Cindy and Tony moved the KY!  It's so nice to have them closer than CT!  Aunt Cindy loves seeing Anya.  Anya was dedicated October 16th to the Lord.  We also went to the pumpkin patch store, apple cider press farm, and dresses our little Tigger up for Halloween!







November
As I am typing I am just blown away by how quickly a year goes. I'm so glad I am documenting things, or most would be forgotten! We had an Iron Chef party with our Community Group, secret ingredient was Pumpkin.  I won with....Pumpkin Ziti!!! Anya came with Josh and I to Olive Garden and sat in the high chair (a little small for it though). We celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents and Katie for lunch and Josh's cousins for dinner.  Thanksgiving officially kicked off our Christmas season. 



Anya's first time seeing snow...only flakes, nothing stuck.




December
We went with our families to our church's Christmas concert in the beginning of the month.  This month was so fun...as we celebrated Anya's first Christmas!




What a year it has been!  It's amazing to see how much Anya has grown, how much hair she's gotten, and all of the fun she is!  Here's to a great 2012!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could be as good about documenting things as you are! :) This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete