Wednesday, July 10, 2013

10 on 10:: July 2013

10 pictures on the 10th day of the month!
{Document a snapshot of your life &; find beauty among the ordinary things in your day!}
 
Here's a snapshot of our day today.  It's crazy to think this might be the last 10 on 10 I do before the baby is born!  Crazy to think we will soon be a family of 4!
 
I woke up to Anya saying "Pee Pee Potty, Pee Pee Potty" and she went on the potty and peed. What a great way to start the day!  Being 35 weeks pregnant I've debated and gone back and forth on the whole potty training thing.  We tried the 3 day training boot camp back in April.  Fail.  She just wasn't ready and with the transition to a big girl bed at the same time we decided it was just too much.  For the past month Anya has been showing increasing desire to go on the potty so we've started a less intensive potty training system that both her and her pregnant-hormonal-tired Mommy can handle. 

For breakfast we had Great Grandma Kuertz's homemade banana bread.  Yesterday when Anya woke up from her nap she was very emotional so to cheer her up I said she could help me bake.  Instantly the tears stopped and she was so excited.  This recipe is perfect for breakfast!
Daddy didn't have class until later afternoon so we headed to the pool for the morning.  I packed a lunch and we spent a few hours there.  It was the perfect/ non-humid day for the pool.  Anya grabbed her pail and shovel and was saying "Anya ready!!!"
We were the first ones to get to the baby pool.  Anya went down the slide and slipped backwards and swallowed a bunch of water.  She was scared but about an hour later she got over her fear and was going down all by herself.  I'm so proud of her!

We put a life vest on her and took her to the big pool to swim with Mommy.  It was so nice to be able to hold my baby girl without feeling like she weighs 30 lbs.  She saw our neighbor jumping into the big pool so she gave it a few tries.  She held my hands while she jumped, and I can tell that she is becoming more and more comfortable with the water.  After we ate our lunch we went back into the baby pool and she was walking around the pool and being totally independent.  I talked to a lady due with a boy the same time as me and Daddy fell asleep rested his eyes for a bit. 

 We came home and Anya and Daddy went down for a nap, while I went to Goodwill and Walmart. 
I came home to Anya screaming by her room gate.  She was NOT a happy camper!!!  We had a snack to cheer her up (always does the trick) and then I noticed her 1st ever sunburn.  Poor girl.  I guess I should have done a second application at the pool.
I bought keurig Snapple peach iced tea at Walmart and tried it before dinner.  It was so refreshing!!
Shhh, don't tell Daddy but I painted Anya's toe nails:-)  I got coral nail polish when I went to Walmart and decided to paint Anya's toes while she tried to go potty.  Daddy doesn't like her nails painted yet because she looks like a big girl. 

My baby and our pup playing.  They are so good together!
 
Anya picked out this story for me to read to her before bed.  She also wanted to make sure we had a blanket to cuddle up with.  I'm not sure if she understands hot flashes...:-)  I can tell she is becoming more and more aware of the baby coming. 
 It's so cute to watch her kiss my belly and talk to the baby. 
Daddy has a sleep study at the hospital tonight (for his sleep apnea).  Normally when he is home I read to Anya and then Daddy comes in and we pray and then I leave and Josh and Anya talk.  It's so cute how it's becoming something she gets excited to do.  It will be perfect 1:1 time after the baby comes. The other night Anya said "Mommy pray." After I prayed she said "Bye bye Mommy.  Daddy talk."  Warmed our hearts.  I think this "talk time" is such a great thing to start at a young age.  We can tell it's building her confidence as we let her speak, ask her questions, and reflect on our day.  I also think it's cool that most nights it's a Daddy-Daughter thing.  Something I hope they will continue to do as she grows up.  So tonight I did "talk time" with Anya, it's so cute to watch her little eyes roll up as she says "um" to think about what to tell me next.  Love her!
 
Happy 10th!  I hope yours was filled with lots of summer-lovin like ours was!

2 comments:

  1. The picture of Anya and Charlie playing is too cute! Love the idea of the "talk time" before bedtime...great for so many reasons! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I have been wanting to paint Emma's nails, but Jay would have a fit! How cute!

    ReplyDelete