Friday, May 2, 2014

Dear Anya, Happy 3rd Birthday!

Dear Anya Violet,

Today was your last day as a two year old...tomorrow you will be THREE! Our bedtime routine tonight was extra-long as I wanted to cherish every last bit of you being two...bedtime songs, birthday stories, bedside prayers, cuddles in your little bed, and chit chatting about your birthday.
You even let me sing to you as I "rocked" you like a baby as I sang your special song.  As I look into your eyes I remember the baby girl you once were and the girl you have become.  It seems to have happened over night, right before my eyes.


This year you have grown into a little girl.  A playful, excitable, busy, creative, social, lovable little girl.
You have become a compassionate big sister who thinks the world of her little brother.  You can't walk by Oliver without giving him a (tight) hug and kisses followed by "I yuv you baby Ollie." Then you try to pick him up (uh oh!).  Shortly after you turned two you stopped using your paci, and at 2 1/2 you potty trained yourself!

You have a love for animals...you love the zoo and singing songs about animals like "Old MacDonald" and "Bingo".  Charlie is one of your best buddies.

I love watching you play pretend.  You are very good at taking care of your babies (Oliver included) and playing doctor and grocery store.  You make us laugh because everything you "ring up" at the store is always $40.

We try to go to the library weekly for story-time and checking out new books.  You love singing songs when we are at the library especially "The More We Get Together".  Around 2 1/2 you were seriously obsessed with  Barney and you loved that the library had a Barney puppet.  I've noticed the last few times we've gone you haven't cared as much.  You are much more interested in the crafts that they have available for us to do.

You've started to write some of your letters and shapes. You can count to 30 with some assistance...close but not quite.  You are VERY independent and demand that things be done "all by myself": car seat, getting dressed, walking in the store or on a walk, putting on coat and shoes, brushing teeth, using potty (no more potty seat either). You also help out a lot around the house with some chores: putting plates in sink after dinner, wiping down the table, feeding Charlie, helping with wipe down windows, putting clothes away in your drawers.

You are very verbal and are beginning to talk with complex sentences...and sometimes I'm
shocked at how old you sound.  Like the other day you are daddy were talking and I came into the room and you said "Hi Mommy, we were just talking about...." You always explain yourself with "be-tuz" (because) or just "cuz" and constantly ask "Why??? about everything. I'm pretty sure you have an accurate understanding of time when we talk about "yesterday, today, and tomorrow".  You also understand that we have different seasons and weather that's appropriate in each season.  You say you like spring because it's warm and the flowers are up and grass is green.

Random things most people don't know about you:
You love are always barefoot in our house, and can't sleep with socks on.
You have an elephant bath toy that you named "Jada" after a friend you met once at church.  Jada always has a cold.
You prefer sparkle toothpaste over strawberry toothpaste.  Mommy lets you brush on your own first until I count to ten, but you always hand over your toothbrush before I count to ten.
You have a slight obsession with getting shots (Thank you Daniel Tiger)
You wake up most days cranky...you've always been like this unless you sleep VERY well or we get into your room before you are out of bed. Don't ask me why.
When I vacuum you get your "popper" (ball popper) and pretend you are vaccuming.  I cherish this cuteness because I know it won't last much longer.

You enjoy doing crafts, baking, playing with friends, singing, dancing, playing at the park (you are so independent now at parks) watching "Frozen","Daniel Tiger", "Barney", and "Super Why".

You still take a nap around 1pm every day until about 3pm.  You
went through a phase around 2 1/2 yrs old that seemed like you were growing out of naps, but it was just a phase...probably a growth spurt because you have grown a ton this year!  Some weeks you won't nap 1-2 days, but now that it's warmer you are more active than you were this winter so you are napping every day again.  It's SO nice because Oliver naps at the same time.  I'm so lucky!


We had a birthday party today with some of your friends and it went very well.You had a blast and were VERY excited that you and your friends got party hats.  

I'm really looking forward to this summer with you.  I'm excited for more visits to the park, petting zoo, and the pool!  I'm anxious to see you learn to ride a bike too!  Lots of fun things coming up.
I'm also looking forward to you gaining a greater understanding of who God is and His great love for you. 

 God give me guidance as I raise your precious child!

Anya I love you so much.  
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment