Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend 2014::Camping in Brown County

Thank you to all who have served and currently serve our country.  You and your families have given so much for our freedoms here in America.  Thank you from the bottom from my heart, for your servant heart and sacrificial service!  I hope that today and always you feel our support for you!

Last night we got back from camping in Brown County, IN with my family.  We turned our four sites into a tent village with eight tents and one trailer.  

 We had three first time campers with us: Baby Oliver, Baby Mary, and Baby Emma:-)  
We went with my mom's side of the family.  I love how we've kept in touch with my cousins and now our kids know (and love) each other. These two quickly became best friends...and bathroom buddies.
Each family within the extended family provided their own food/ meals for their family to make things less complicated.  Josh and I were on breakfast and dinner.  For breakfast we made scrambled eggs, sausage, and hashbrowns.  
 Oliver was such a great camper.  He loved playing outdoors...for 3 days straight! 
 My brother-in-law and his parents came too.

 This is baby Emma, Josh's Goddaughter.  We celebrated her first birthday while we were camping.

Little Mary, my niece!  We have pictures from our Brown Co camping trip two years ago with Anya wearing that same outfit.
Aunt Cindy decorated for the birthday parties (Anya's, Emma's, and Dad's)
 Anya grew up a lot on this trip.  She started to get the hang of peddling on the tricycle.





 Mom and Dad made BBQ pulled pork and really tasty wings!
 Anya and Uncle Tony bonded over peanuts.  Anya has a new favorite snack!


Walking to the hayride...






 Our group ready to go for the hayride.  Thanks Dad for getting some pictures for us!
 We are the group waving.  
After the hayride we celebrated birthdays/ graduation.


 We went to downtown Nashville (IN) for ice cream.

 When we were waiting in line for ice cream Anya said she wanted chocolate ice cream, but once she saw the blue ice cream she said "I want the Elsa ice cream."  I love her!  Makes me want to open a Disney ice cream shop!






The kids put on a Memorial Day "parade" for us.










 Outside our tent

 I had to add a bunch of Avery and Anya.  They are so cute together and love each other so much.  In-between most of their conversations I almost always heard "I'm Elsa."  "No I'm Elsa."







One last picture with the view.  Gorgeous!
We are already planning our next camping trip.  Call us crazy...because we are.  But in my defense I love the simplicity of life that camping brings.  Family time, togetherness, nature, simplicity, no technology...I enjoy it very much.

All of that fresh air made for some exhausted kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment