Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pre-K at Home

My baby is a preschooler!  When did that happen?!
We have been praying for God's guidance over the last year of how we should educate Anya and we felt the Lord leading us to home-school her this year.  
Anya has been SO ANXIOUS and ready to start Pre-K!  She is so eager to learn about everything and anything!  I know she enjoys the one on one time with Mommy and likes the structure and
 routine it brings to our day.  

We started our first day with a special little twist to make it more official.  Mr. Ollie Man was asleep for his morning nap...Anya got on her backpack and we took first day pictures and then we held hands and walked around the house.  When we got to the house she rang the doorbell and we walked inside.  I welcomed her to her first day of preschool.  From there she decided she would call me "Teacher."  It was SO cute!!  It kind of felt like we were playing "house".  :-)
 The first two weeks of home-school I have laid out to be our character foundation.  I found the perfect unit for Anya on the Fruits of the Spirit {Thank you ohamanda.com}  I just love how she goes through each of the fruits of the spirit coordinates it with an actual fruit and gives ideas for how to teach your child about each one.  Yesterday and today we have been talking about the Fruit of the Spirit -"Love" (cherries).  I felt this unit was perfect for our foundation for home-school before we start our Preschool curriculum.
Why does Miss AV look SIX in these pictures?!
 After spending much time on Pinterest, searching other homeschooling blogs, etc.  I decided that I would use "God's Little Explorers: A-Z Adventures in God's Word and World for Preschoolers."  I love how simple and straightforward the teaching is with connecting the lessons to God's Word.  Everything is already planned (I can add/ take away parts if I want) it's such a time saver and is exactly what I was planning to do.
As God as our teacher, I am so excited to see what Anya (and I) will learn this year!
 I pray that God uses what is taught to teach and nourish her heart and mind.  

Welcome to preschool Little Miss!

No comments:

Post a Comment