Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Baby Update: 36 Weeks

Today I am 9 months pregnant!!!! That makes me 36 weeks with just 28 days until my due date! We had a doctor's appointment on Monday and found out that I am one cm dilated and my cervix has is still long. Yesterday night, Josh and I went grocery shopping and when we came home I thought my water broke! I called the doctor and they told me to come in to test me to see if it was my water. Josh quickly put away the groceries and we made sure we got the suitcase in the car. After four different tests, the doctor said that my water did not break yet, just the result of a 6 pound baby resting right on my bladder. How embarrassing!! We did get an ultrasound to make sure amniotic fluid levels are normal. No I am not trying to create "drama" just to see my little girl.... although it is a very nice bonus! Because she was testing the fluid levels we only quickly got to see her face, and I missed it! I was looking at her tummy because she was hiccupping. Josh saw her face and said it almost looked 3-D. He said she is absolutely beautiful! I'm so glad he saw her face since I'm the one that gets to feel her move all day every day.






Pregnancy Highlights:

How Far Along: 3rd trimester, 9 months, 36 Weeks, ~28 days to go!

Size of baby: She is 6 pounds, like a crenshaw melon, and is more than 18 1/2 inches long!

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I am wearing hand-me-downs from my cousin and friends!

Gender: It's a girl!!! Her name is a surprise.

Movement: She continues to jab and poke my right side:-)

Sleep: I wake up many times but I can't complain I get a good amount of sleep every night!!! The last two nights I had strange dreams... my hubby got arrested one night. Last night I had a dream that my mom got arrested! How weird is that? What does that mean that the two closest people to me got arrested in my dreams?

What I miss: Shopping and running/ walking with Charlie!!
Cravings: I'm still craving sweets, but also sub sandwiches with mustard and mayo and tons of veggies.

Symptoms: My growing belly! 41 inches around my waist just below my belly button. I am also having contractions, though not strong.

Best Moment this week: My baby shower hosted by my mom, sister, and friend! My mom arranged for my cousins and aunt from Ohio to come and surprise me! I couldn't believe that they drove all the way to be at my shower and spend the weekend with us. It was so great to see them!

My cousins and aunt came from Cincinnati and surprised me!


I was in shock!

Yummy angel food cake with blueberries and strawberries!

Yay! I got an excersaucer from Aunt Terri:-)

My mom and I

Lovin' the adorable summer outfits!

Both Grandma-to-bes

My mother-in-law and I

With my family, minus Cindy (lives in CT)


35 weeks 2 days- posing next to my new bassinet from my mom







Bird's nest candies for the guests, Cindy's idea

Maternity portraits by JK Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment