Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Baby Update: 39 Weeks


Sitting on my yoga ball for comfort
Almost to the finish line...but who knows when we'll actually finish.  I feel so good to be this far along in my pregnancy, with minimal discomforts and symptoms!  Although this stretch seems like it will never end, we know that our little one will come when she's ready and in God's perfect timing.  I can't be pregnant forever!!  This afternoon we have a doctor's appointment so we will hear about our progress.  I will update this post after we get home from the doctor.

UPDATE:  We just got back from the dr's office.  I am dilated 4 cm, 80% effaced, and baby is at station 0!!!  We couldn't be happier with this great news!  The doctor thinks it will be within the next few days.  We'll see if she's right:-)
Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 3rd trimester, 9 months, 39 Weeks, 7 days until due date!

Size of baby: The books say she is just over 7 pounds, and measures around 20 inches (like a small watermelon)

Maternity Clothes: I'm wearing maternity shirts that I was convinced I would never fit in!  LOL!

Gender: It's a girl!!! Her name is a surprise.

Movement: I've noticed she gets more active at night around 7 pm... our little night owl!  I feel her hiccup after I eat.  I can also feel a sucking motion down where her head is- my little thumb sucker!

Sleep: Last night I slept wonderfully!!!!  I only got up once or twice!

What I miss: I can't wait to have a glass on Sangria this summer.

Cravings: Sweets!  Last night we had the instant microwave brownie with strawberry ice cream and fresh strawberries on top.  I normally don't like desserts like that but it totally hit the spot!!

Symptoms: My growing belly! A little over 43 inches below my belly button.
She dropped again (I will be so surprised if our doctor says she is at the same station as last week!)  I had "show" last Friday and noticed that I haven't had any heartburn since. Crampiness at times with more BH contractions.  Mild low backpain with the BH.  I can't wait to have the real contractions start.

Best Moment this week: Going to the Good Friday service with my hubby at CCC.  The baby was SO SO SO active during the Good Friday service that I couldn't even stand during worship.  She is so low I feel like she's going to fall out when she's so active.  My little firecracker!!  Josh's parents came over for an early Easter brunch on Saturday.  We decorated eggs and ate a wonderful brunch that his dad made.  Easter morning we attended church and then had my parents and Katie over for brunch.  It was a wonderful weekend spent with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment