Monday, April 11, 2011

Nesting for My Baby Bird

We had our 37 week appointment today and everything looks great!  In fact we are progressing very nicely.  I am 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced!  She is currently at -1 station.  I can't believe that within one week I went from 0% effaced to 80%!!!  Makes me wonder... when will she be here?  In a week or two?  Or will she like her residency in my tummy and stay there until May? 

My hubby has been a huge help getting everything ready for her arrival!  He loaded up the van with her carseat, blankie, our suitcase, and my favorite accessory... the Boppy pillow.  We are all set to go, with some dry snacks packed for labor too.  We even bought our yoga ball for early labor.  Do you think we are crazy?  Well, last week after our false alarm water breaking... we realized how unprepared we actually were.  We had just gotten back from grocery shopping, we didn't know where anything was, the van was a mess & still had DJ speakers in it from earlier in the week, crockpot on the counter cooking dinner, we literally threw the carseat in...needless to say it was stressful.  I am totally the type of person who needs her ducks in a row, so now I feel as prepared as we'll ever be & hopefully a lot less stressed.

So, little bird...when will you be ready?  Our Heavenly Father already knows your birthday & I take great joy in that.  So until then, we continue to wait for you to be ready and trust in God!

3 comments:

  1. I am no Doctor but it sounds like you could go anytime! I had Bean at 37 weeks and it was definitely part of God's awesome plan. I will keep you in my prayers, hoping for a speedy delivery & recovery! In the mean time, keep doing a great job cookin' that little birdy of yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm w/ Katherine, when I was 80% I had Grayden in 3 days!! :) I am so excited to hear the good news, and see pics of the little beauty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    I have been thinking about you and your new little bundle of Joy!!! I would love to come see you and visit with her when she arrives and your a home and settled in ready for visitors. Please let me know.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete