Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Baby Update: 38 Weeks

Holy Cow!  I can't believe I'm this far along! Yesterday we had a doctor's appointment and it went great!  Doctor said she has a beautiful steady heartbeat in the 140s.  I am still dilated 2 cm, 80% effaced, and she dropped to 0 station.  The doctor's prediction is that my labor will be relatively short- 12 hours or less once I start feeling strong contractions.  I'll take it!  How awesome would that be?

Pregnancy Highlights:


How Far Along: 3rd trimester, 9 months, 38 Weeks, 14 days until due date!

Size of baby: The books say she is just about 6.8 pounds, and measures 19  1/2 inches (like a leek)

Maternity Clothes: Yes! I am wearing hand-me-downs from my cousin and friends
Gender: It's a girl!!! Her name is a surprise.

Movement: She continues to jab and poke my right side:-) She does what Tiggers do best!

Sleep: I've been getting up a lot in the middle of the night.  Guess I'm just preparing for when she's here!  I'm thankful for being able to take naps during the day.

What I miss: Bending over, running up the stairs, sleeping on my tummy

Cravings: Graham crackers with peanut butter and a glass of milk!!!  I could literally eat a whole box in one sitting. I haven't, but it would be so easy to do!

Symptoms: My growing belly! A little over 43 inches around my waist just below my belly button. My gums bleed and hands have gotten slightly swollen so I wear my rings on a necklace. A lot of pelvic pressure since I am carrying her so low.  There are a few others but I would never mention them on here. Ha!Ha!

Best Moment this week: Going out on sponateous date nights with Josh.  Last Friday we went to Famous Dave's.  Every week we think it will be our last date night.  We're stocking up now on dates before she comes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment