Sunday, January 5, 2014

2014: New Year's Resolution

This past week I've been thinking about some New Years resolutions and goals for myself and family. Conversations with Josh and my pastor's sermons have helped me shape and decide what my resolutions will be.  I love when people decide on a word to describe their goal for the year.  So I am going to adopt that idea to my resolutions for this year.  My 2014 word/ phrase is:

"BE INTENTIONAL"


Here are some ways I want to put my word into practice.  
I'm taking after Pastor Jim with the "F's".

1.)  Family: Be intentional about how I spend my time with my kids.  Am I mentally "present" with my children as well as physically?  Scheduling date nights with my husband and planning for daily special time with my children will take priority.  

2.)  Faith:  Be intentional about spending more time in God's Word and in prayer .  Take every opportunity given to share the love of Christ with another and intentionally serve others.  

3.) Friends: Be intentional about scheduling play dates, coffee dates, and girl's nights. Look for opportunities to help friends and serve them.

4.) Freedom: Be intentional about how I use my "down time".  Put limits on social media, TV, and other "time wasters".

5.) Food: Be intentional about what I eat, meals I plan for my family, and how I spend money on food.  

What are your New Year's resolutions?
Do you have any words that you are using to describe your goals for 2014?  

Happy New Year!


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Lisa! I love it! I think my word is "Just do it"!!!!! I have been wanting to use my talents and at the same time bring some income home, so this year I'm "just gonna do it"!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete