Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Dear 2013

Dear 2013,
What a year to remember.  So much has happened and yet it feels like it was definitely the fastest years ever.
Josh turned 30.  I turned 29.  Anya turned two.  Our family grew by two little ones: Oliver James in August and my niece Mary in February.  

This year started with me being a tired pregnant Mommy, squeezing in naps whenever possible.  Anya used those nap times to her advantage and enjoyed her freedom.  Coloring on the walls with chalk is so much fun Mommy!  I'll never forget waking up from a brief 5 minute nap and finding white chalk all over my walls.  Thanks for my "Entrusted with a Child's Heart" series at church, I laughed and I'm so glad I took pictures!
Anya was still a baby....
 Cleaning up her mess...

Grandma Nilsson started coming on Wednesdays to help me with Anya so I could rest.  I had her take a pciture of me at 10 weeks pregnant with Oliver, and Anya cried!
My bubs in diapers...
Anya's first french braids...
Valentine's Day with my lovie...




 First real snowstorm in 2013 wasn't until February!  Anya's first real experience in the snow.  We had a blast.  I started to bribe her with hot chocolate to get her to come inside.

 Celebrating St. Patty's Day at home because Anya was fighting a fever.  Grandma and Grandpa Nilsson made it extra special for us.  Thank you for bringing the fun to us!


I planned on going to meet my niece Mary right after she was born, but my dad fell the morning we were leaving and needed knee surgery.  We finally met Mary in the beginning of April when she was 2 months old.  Anya loved Mary!
 Dying Easter eggs with Katie and Mommy at Aunt Cindy's house.

 21 weeks!
 We celebrated Easter too on our visit to Cindy's house and my cousin Julie's family came too for Mary's baptism!  It was so fun to watch Anya and Luke play together.


 Katie painted Ollie Man's room.
 Have I mentioned she's a rock star!?
 Anya started feeding Charlie daily as one of her first chores.
 Gender reveal given by Melissa.  It's a BOY!!!



 Pregnant friend Michelle!  
 Potty training boot camp try #1!  Fail.
 We stayed home 8 days straight.  After no luck with the cold turkey method I decided she wasn't ready.  My hormones couldn't handle any more accidents.
 Playing outside any chance we get!  I remember this was one of the first warm evenings in the spring.  I love how green the grass is.

 Watching the birds at the neighbors bird feeder.
 Waiting for Grandma to come play, I caught Anya reading books in her room.  I'll never forget how priceless this moment was.  The sun shining in, window cracked open...my princess turning the pages to her books.  I had to capture it.




My May baby's birthday.  She slept in until 9am!  She woke up with a cold.  (This was truly the year for sicknesses for her.  She literally had something every.single. month.)  But her cold didn't stop us from having fun on her 2nd birthday!!!  
Pancakes, open gym with Zekey, and lunch at Noodles in company with Michelle and Zeke.  So.much. fun!
 It was the most fun I've EVER seen Anya have!  Made me LOL to watch her run around so excitedly and smile so big!

Daddy even made it home in time for our annual 4:44 (Anya's bday time) picture.  
 Our family came over to celebrate with us for dinner!


Anya's cupcake birthday party with friends.
My friend Aimee took our maternity pictures and Anya's 2 year pictures in May.






 This was our first outing to a park in 2013.  I couldn't stop thinking how much of a big girl Anya has become.  I loved watching her climb the steps and go down the slide all by herself.  And those sunglasses...don't even get me started....




God has been so so SO good to us.  



 Our garden: tomatoes, zucchini, green peppers, jalapinoes, strawberries, and peas!



 Thank you Didi for Anya's Mickey Mouse watering can.  She used it every single day in the summer and helped me water the garden.
 Memorial Day: quick stop at Jewel and Daddy left her shoes off just to have an excuse to cuddle her.




 Our first day of summer break began by traveling to KY to see Cindy, Tony, and Mary.  It was Josh's first time meeting her!

 Anya really got to know Uncle Tony on this trip.  She loves her Uncle Tony!!!

 Next up in June was celebrating Josh's 30th birthday in Chicago with Diana and Joe.
 We had such a great time getting to know them even better!

Aunt Katie watched Anya while we were gone and she broke Anya of her Paci addiction.  I never thought it would be as easy as it was.  She told Anya she was a big girl and was taking the Pacis home with her and boom.  Anya was done with the paci.  That simple.  AWESOME right?!
She also stopped sleeping in a crib this year.  The same week of the potty training boot camp #1 fail.  

We bought passes to the zoo this year.  We made trips out to the zoo every other week during the summer.  Anya loved seeing all of the animals.  Mommy loved seeing the polar bears because it was air conditioned!  Every trip seemed to be 90+ degrees.  






 We stayed in Lake Geneva one weekend as a family during the summer.  Our room was right on the lake.  






Enjoying summer break with Daddy by going to lunch at "Two Toot's".  
 

Fun at the water table...what would I do without our water table?!

My friend Jessica and Katie threw me a baby sprinkle for my little guy.  It was so special and meaningful!!!










Making an appetizer with Daddy for 4th of July!

 Picnic at Gigi and Papa's house.

 Papa and Mama came over to celebrate with us. 


 Eating on the picnic table that Dad and Katie built.  One of their many projects!

Anya's last sink bath.  Tight but I was determined to make it work.  My last time baby-ing my baby before Oliver came.

Like Father like Daughter.  They love blue cheese.  It's genetic.

 Heading to the pool...Anya learned how to go down the water slide and play in the pool all by herself.  She really grew up this year!
 Josh's 30th birthday party at our house.
 Last family picture as a family of 3!





 Celebrating with Diana's family
 On a random "cold" summer day Katie and I took Anya to Randall Oaks...I'm pretty sure this was less than 2 weeks before Oliver was born.

 Pregnant friends!
Cindy and Mary came to visit us the first week in August.  They missed Oliver being born by 5 days....







Best day of the year....August 7th...Oliver's birthday!  

 Short and painful labor...but well worth it!!!  This little guy is such a miracle.  I absolutely adore him.

 My 6lb peanut!

 This year Anya took after her Mommy's love of baking.  She is my baking buddy!
 Tomatoes and basil from the garden.


Ollie's first bath

 One week old




 Lake Geneva day trip on the last day of summer break.  

Dinner at Popeyes





We went to our neighborhood pumpkin patch with Diana, Joe, Joey, and Lauren.  Anya loved the train ride and feeding the animals.


 Potty training boot camp party #2....Fail again.  I decided she just wasn't ready and I would only try again when she initiates.  

 Our Wicked Witch for Pumpkin Fest!

 Visiting Ohio/ KY again for Josh's goddaughter's baptism (my cousins child) Emma.  We went to the Pumpkin Patch with my cousins and Cindy's family.  Of course we had to get a picture of Mary and Anya.  Oliver slept the whole time.
 I decorated the kitchen for Halloween morning.  We ate in a giant spider web!



 Trick or treating at the neighbors house.  Anya got tons of candy this year!


 Anya's 2 1/2 year old picture with giraffy just like old times:-)
 Oliver at 3 months
Oliver's dedication in November.

 We had a little luncheon afterwards at our house and I did a little woodland theme.


Thanksgiving with the Lochen Family
Decorating for Christmas:-)













2013 was a very exciting year.  God is so good.  Watching Anya grow, become a big sister, meet Oliver.  Could life get any better?  There are many events that took place that I didn't even show pictures of, especially Christmas ones because I can't find my camera at the moment:-(  But I'm planning on doing a Christmas recap once I find it.  

Happy New Year everyone!  I'm excited to see what God has in store for 2014!













1 comment: