Saturday, January 4, 2014

Reflecting on Christmas 2013

2 year olds make Christmas child-like again. This Christmas brought back many memories from my childhood, and it's exciting being on the parent-side of things.  It was all about making memories for Anya and starting traditions.  

We celebrated with my M.I.L's family at our Community Rec center's hall.  Anya loved getting all dolled up in her Christmas dress for the party.  We had great food, fun games, and good conversations with family. 
 Oliver's first Christmas:-)

 Presents was by far Anya's favorite part of the evening.  She was thrilled by everything her (and Ollie) received.  



 Christmas morning...woohoo!!
 There's nothing more special than the feeling on Christmas morning.  The magic, the love, the warmth...Christ's birthday.  Santa came and left footprints on the carpet (Pinterest fail!  I should have done a close-up the "boot prints" looked terrible....lol!)  Anya was ecstatic.  
 Christmas Eve we went to church with my parents and Katie.  At the end of the service Katie dedicated her life to Christ.  Best. Gift. Ever!  There's nothing better than that for Christmas!!!  Then we sang Silent Night by candlelight.  I look forward to it every year.  And this year was even more special.

When we got home Anya and I prepared for Santa's arrival. We decided Santa likes peanut butter cookies with his milk;-)  Of course we left carrots and celery for the reindeer.  They need some fuel too! We also sprinkled some reindeer food on the snow so Rudolph can guide Santa to our house. 
 (Oatmeal with glitter)  

The reindeer dropped a carrot outside on our patio too!


 Christmas morning we made our Jesus cake...cinnamon rolls.

 I let Anya do most of the work.  

 Thanks Joey and Lauren for our hot cocoa mugs!  They are perfect!


Daddy always reads us the Christmas story.  This year we decided to read it from the children's Bible so Anya would be more engaged.  Then Anya recited her memory verse.  Melts my heart!

 We did very few and simple gifts this year.  


 After our Christmas morning at home we went to Cary to have brunch with my family and then we all went to my in-laws for dinner.  We are so blessed our families get along and live in the same small town.  We have been doing Christmas dinner together now for 13 years!  
 Gifts wrapped in the never-ending wrapping paper that is from my dad's childhood.  
It goes on and on.  Very cool!




 At Mama and Papa's house for dinner!  They had a surprise train set up for Anya around the tree. 

 


I'm bummed I didn't get any pictures of us opening gifts or dinner table picture.  With a baby and toddler you know how dinnertime can be....

We also celebrated with Diana's family for Christmas.  
I wish I had a few pictures to put up, but I had my hands full with Oliver.  Thank you Diana and Joe for inviting us to celebrate Christmas with your family.  We enjoyed meeting everyone and visiting!

We went to Cincinnati the weekend after Christmas to celebrate with Cindy, Tony, Mary at my grandma's house.  



All we wanted was a simple, quick, picture of the 3 cousins.  Nope. Not going to happen.  This picture cracks me up!




It was a busy Christmas, but very fulfilling and fun!  First week of break was spent celebrating Christmas with the people we love.  The second week was all about doing nothing at home.  
It was a great balance!  

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas celebrating with your loved ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment