Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Little O is 5 Months!

Dear Oliver,

Happy 5 months little dude!  Seriously, where has time gone?  How are you already five months old?  How are you already so big?  How can this be? (tear*)
Let me just begin by saying you are the sweetest little boy I've ever met.  You are so happy and easily smile, especially when you hear familiar voices like Mommy, Daddy, and Anya.  Your smile just about melts my heart.  You have not one but two dimples!  Daddy and I are so glad you got my trait just like Anya.  The past week you've been making tons of "talking" noises.  It's so cute to hear.  I imagine you are trying to be just like your big sister, who you absolutely adore and think the world of.  That's exactly why I let Anya be in  your five month photo shoot.  When she sees me taking your picture she invites herself right on up to your rocking chair and you love it.

This month you have mastered rolling from tummy to back, although you were doing this at 2 months I wonder how much was an accident and how much you mastered at that point.  You love being on your tummy to sleep so most of the time during tummy time you just lay down and put your fingers in your mouth. Oh the fingers, you don't use "paci" anymore, you are officially a finger sucker.  You love your first two fingers on your left hand.  It's so convenient and I think you are such a great sleeper because I don't need to keep putting "paci" back in.  The past two nights you've gone to bed between 6-7pm, woke up to play between 9-10pm, then back to bed until.....9:00am!!!  You are a rock star sleeper;-)

You nurse on demand, but I'd say most of the time it's every 3 hours. At 4 months you weighed 15lbs 10oz, so I'm thinking now you are close to 17lbs.  You wear size 9 month clothes, although most 6 month outfits still fit you too.  I do cloth diapers with you, but when I do put you in disposable it's size 3.  You've just recently started sitting up much better on your own.  You still fall to the side but I can tell it's going to be really soon that you will be sitting on your own.  You inch worm crawl when you really want something, but since you are so chill you normally just put your head down and suck your fingers.

I'm not even going to talk about sleep schedules for you because you are still so young and nothing is consistent yet.  Some nights you sleep with me and eat every hour.  Other nights you sleep through the night. You are still unpredictable but I think that is to be expected.

Likes:
Sucking on fingers
Sleeping on tummy
Mommy singing
Eating
Baths with Anya
Excersaucer
Cuddles

Dislikes:
Hmmm....I'm not actually sure at the moment because you've been so happy and well rested lately.  Typically you don't like being put down, but you've started to "play" and interact with toys more so you don't mind it so much anymore.

Mommy loves you so much, and God loves you even more. (Unbelievable that love)

Love,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment