Friday, May 3, 2013

She's TWO!

Dear Anya,

How is it that my baby girl is TWO?  It seems like just the other day I gave birth to all 9lbs 2oz of you.  The days, months, and now I can say years are going so fast.  I just want to bottle you up and keep you this age forever.  Right now I see you growing into a little girl, it's so exciting but makes me so emotional at the same time.  *Tear* You are everything I've always hoped for.  You are the sunlight on my rainy days.  You are my little buddy that I have the privilege to spend every. single. moment with.  I love you so much more than my words can even express.  The love a mother (and Daddy) has for her child is so strong, I can't explain it. 

This year I've watched you go from taking your first step to walking like a pro, to trying so hard to jump.  (And as you try you say "jump, jump, jump")  You'll nail it eventually.  You run like a girl which is good for me so your pregnant Mommy can keep up with you, but you sure are a little monkey.  Within the past few months you've really started talking a ton.  You say new words everyday.  Like yesterday you started saying "wait" and "Anya's turn" and you try so hard to count to 10 and say your ABCs.  I pretty much say a word and tell you to say it... sometimes it doesn't really sound like the word but you try hard!


I just adore your little personality.  You are such a little helper and I am certain you will be the BEST SISTER EVER!  You love helping give babies bottles and "Paci" and become very concerned when you hear a baby cry.  You understand that Mommy is having a baby and you call him your "Bu-Buh".  Lately you have been so awesome with cleaning up!  I hardly have to tell you and everything is put away (please continue this!!!)  You are happiest when you are eating, playing outside, getting tickled by Daddy or swung around by Auntie Kates, or playing in the bathtub.  When your Papas, Gigi, and "Mama" come over you are ecstatic!  You enjoy reading books (especially Sesame Street books), doing puzzles, coloring, playing with baby, exploring outside, and helping Mommy bake or do the dishes.  You have many friends and love playing with them.  It's so cute to watch you give hugs and kisses and reach out to hold their hand.  Adorable!

You've just recently moved into a toddler bed and we've transformed your nursery into a southern charm and shabby chic little girl room.  You love your toddler bed and have adjusted really well to it!  After two days of falling asleep in the closet sitting up, under your bed, and falling asleep at the end of your bed sitting up, you've realized the comfiest place is right on the pillow where you should be. 

You have become more independent lately, wanting to buckle yourself in your chair and walk down steps without holding my hand. (That ended poorly the first time we did that!)  You saw Ariana with a snack cup without the lid on it and now you want to eat your snacks without the lid too. 

Anya you are such a perfect daughter.  Daddy and I love you so much!  Happy 2nd birthday!!!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment