Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Baby #2: 30 weeks, Anya: 25 months


Tomorrow I will be 30 weeks.  It's hard to believe that in about 10 weeks we will have our baby boy in our arms.  I still am having a hard time wrapping my head around that.  This pregnancy is going by so fast...Anya has been such a distraction and has kept me busy. 

How Far Along: 3rd Trimester, 30 weeks tomorrow

 Size of baby: almost 3 lbs (according to Baby Center), around 15.7 inches long.  Yesterday at my appointment the doctor said I am measuring 28 weeks.  That never happened with Anya!  However I am right on track for weight gain.  How is that possible that I'm measuring small but gaining enough?!

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Gender: It's a BOY!!!  I will officially reveal his name the day he is born!

Movement: He is much more active at night.  Last night Daddy felt him move a ton!  He is still breech with his head on the right.

Sleep: Sleeping fine, minus this cold!!

What I miss: I don't think there's really anything that I miss right now:-)   

Cravings: The strawberry cheesecake waffle cone I got at the flea market was delish!  It definitely was a nice treat since I hardly ever have ice cream anymore. Praise God I passed 3 hr glucose test!  I'm also craving crisp veggies with dip.  The celery sticks I had last night with ranch seemed much tastier than they should have been;-)

Symptoms: Nothing new that I haven't mentioned before.  I am starting to get more tired for sure!

Best Moment this week: Anya came with me to my 30 week dr appointment yesterday and she heard the baby's heart beat.  When we came home she grabbed her stethoscope and placed it on my tummy and said "Baby Heart, boom boom."  It was adorable! 

30 weeks with Anya!

 Now for Anya's update at 25 months! 

Anya has grown up so much in the last two months.  It's crazy to think that two months ago she was saying a bunch of words alone, now she is stringing together small sentences!  Her vocabulary is really taking off.  Everyday she says new phrases and it's so exciting to truly be able to talk to her and know her needs/ wants, etc. 

Anya loves numbers.  She loves when I take her finger and help her point to things to count them.  Whenever we read a story she wants me to take her finger and help her count whatever is on that page.  Even when the book isn't meant for that.  It's so cute!  I love how she counts..."One, two, (sometimes she says three) then "YAY!!" and starts clapping.  She says two like she's from the south.  Wish I could bottle it up! 

A few days ago she started saying "Charlie"...I miss hearing her say "Char Char!!!" I was driving her in the car and it clicked and she said "Charlie" ten times in a row.  It was like the light bulb turned on and she was thinking "so that's how you say his name!"

Last week we went to her two year check-up.  Anya talked the doctor's ear off.  We are so blessed to have an awesome pediatrician!!!  She is so great with Anya.  Anya weighs 29 lbs and is 36 inches tall.  She did so well in the office, probably because we've been practicing "doctor" with her new dr toys.  I couldn't believe it but she didn't even cry a peep when she got her shot! 

I can tell Anya has gone through a growth spurt because her cheeks look fuller and she just looks like she's filling out.  She also hasn't had much of an appetite lately so I can tell the growth spurt she was having is over. 

Anya is an awesome sleeper!  She goes to bed at 7:00pm and sleeps until 6:30-7:30am.  She also takes an afternoon nap.  We just got a video baby monitor for Anya and her brother and it's been fun to watch her on the camera!  She still wakes up cranky most days from naps. 

We are definitely working on sharing, not throwing food, and not screaming.  Every now and again she goes through these stages where she does this weird throaty scream thing...it's very frustrating.  Well, we are in that phase again.  She went through this a few months ago too.  I'm trying very hard to be consistent with discipline.  She is totally testing me. 

I can't believe her hair is getting so long.  When it's dry she still has soft curls so it's hard to tell how long it is.  I thought this was so cute of Daddy brushing her hair after bath!

Anya found my bracelet and shoes and decided to go "grocery shopping" with baby.  Little Mommy she is!
 We went to the petting zoo after the baby dr appointment.  She was thrilled to see the horses, cows, and goats!!!




Waving to the cockroaches.



I can't wait until Anya is a big sister!!
Happy 25 months Anya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment