Monday, November 26, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness: Days 24, 25, & 26




 
Day 24:  I am thankful for the long weekend that we had and the memories we are starting for Anya.   November is really flying by!  It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is over and now we are beginning the Christmas season.  On Saturday we decorated our house for Christmas, while Anya was down for her nap.  When she woke up she was so excited to see the beautiful tree and lights.  She immediately said "no no" pointing to the tree.  Haha!  How does she know we don't want her touching it?  I love that girl!  Friday we braved the Black Friday rush at 6:30 am.  Anya tagged along too and did great!  We began the day with Caribou coffee and breakfast sandwiches.  Later we realized hot coffee and a stroller bumping into tight aisles at Kohls is not a good combo!  We've also started watching some Christmas movies: "Home Alone" & "Christmas Vacation" kicked off the season for us.  And I have to admit that some cheesy romantic Christmas movies played in the background while I was on Pinterest.  Am I the only girl who enjoys these flicks?  I'm now officially addicted to coffee, as Josh so kindly picked up Egg Nog creamer and Peppermint Mocha creamer.  Starting next month I'll begin an advent calendar with Anya, along with reading our true meaning of Christmas storybooks.  Our elf "Bubbles" will even be visiting us during the Christmas season.  It's the "Elf on the Shelf" but I'm doing the Christian/ Mommy made-up version:-)  I want Anya to grow up knowing that Jesus is the reason we celebrate Christmas.   

Day 25:  Another blessing in my life is the flexibility in my schedule.  I love that I am able to get involved in the Woman's ministry at our church: Women 2 Women.  We meet the 2nd Thursday every month and have a speaker come and share tips and advice on a certain topic.  We also have a breakfast buffet brought buy the women who attend.  Every month we have play dates and get togethers.  It's a wonderful ministry that's focused on getting women connected and building relationships. 

Day 26:  As I look around my loft deciding on another blessing in my life, I can't help but notice the sippy cup laying on the floor, the Cabbage Patch Doll who just happens to be "cuddling" with baby doll, "The Five Little Monkey's" book lying there waiting to be read, and the Little People farm animals scattered around.  I am so thankful to see toys in my house because it reminds me of my little Anya and the blessing she is.  Everytime Josh and I trip or bump into a toy we laugh because we are reminded of her and how thankful we are to have her!

No comments:

Post a Comment