Saturday, November 3, 2012

Anya is 18 months old today!

Dear Anya Violet,  Let me start with your many faces.






 And you were sick when I took them.  I love you and your little expressions so much!!!

Today you turned 18 months old.  You are growing so quickly little miss.  Slow down, please!  This month you've been fighting an off and on again cough and cold.  It must be that time of year.  Here are some things about you that I want to remember:
-You love reading "Winnie the Pooh" books, and point to Owl and say "Owllll".  It's precious!
The other day I read it while you were holding your Piglet stuffed animal you got from Charlie last Christmas (hehe) and I pointed to Piglet on the page and then to your Piglet.  You were so happy you were actually holding Piglet. 
- You could still care less about TV.  I can't get you to sit still for the life of me.  Which I guess is a good thing.  You care much more about the world around you than zoning into a TV.  Although you did cuddle with me and watch "Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood" with me yesterday because we were both not feeling well.  Colds and fevers aren't fun!
-You are a little picky lately.  I made some yummy dinners with veggies and you find the veggies and pick them out.  You put them in a little pile in your drink spot on your high chair try.  I guess I need to be more sneaky with those veggies.  The other day you did eat zuccini but only because it was dipped in ranch. 
-You love bath time!  I have you sit on your potty before going in.  We just washed and put all of the water table toys in the tub since it's too cold now to play outside with it.  You love filling the stacking cups with water from the "waterfall" water table piece.
-We have a check up next week.  I can't wait to see your measurements!  You are wearing size 18 month-2T.  Size 5 disposable diapers (when use them)
-This month has been huge with cutting teeth!  You're constantly getting a new tooth!  Now you are working on your last two eye teeth...and then all you have left to get are your two year old molars.  I love seeing those teethers when you smile.  Melts my heart!
-Your favorite toys this month are playing and eating at your little kitchen table, shape ball (still working on matching where shapes go though) and Clifford.  You are getting more and more attached to "Bear" as well:-) 
-Every now when we play in the loft, you walk to your room and grab lovies from your crib.  It's so cute to see you bring out a blankie and three paci's.  (As soon as you are 100% healthy we are losing the paci's, so sad.)  Since you've been sick with a fever I hear how loud you suck on Paci I realize how much you need it now for comfort.  The last few nights have been rough for you!  The other night I responded to your cry and you were cuddling with Bear up to your face.  SO cute!!!


-You had a blast trick or treating!  You caught on really fast to putting the candy in your bucket.  When we went to Emma's house you walked right in.  We go over their a lot. 
-  It was (and always has been) such a challenge to get quick pictures of you because you don't hold still:-)


I love you Anya!!!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment